Old 12-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
The subject of Tundra towing mirrors has been the subject of another thread and you might find it if you use the search option.

The gist of it is that there are 3 different Tundra mirrors with 3, 8 or some other number of wires, probably depending on whether the turn signal blinker is on it and whether it is heated. Maybe they have the same bolt pattern. If they do, the tow mirrors should fit, but you may not have the right number of wires. Given that it is a Limited, it is more probable that you have 8 wires.

Do you have the tow package—that should mean a bigger alternator, transmission cooler, brake controller wiring, heavier shocks and more. The tow package and how it works with the TRD package seem to change year to year. Your Sequoia will be happier if it has the tow package.

People quoted prices for the tow mirrors and I seem to remember $300 something. Another said it was not too hard to do yourself. I think you would have to remove some (plastic, vinyl?) covering inside the door to get at the bolts.

An alternative to airbags would be a helper spring to the leaf spring pack. I know nothing about differences between them, but some do that instead.

Gene

Old 12-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Waldorf , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
The subject of Tundra towing mirrors has been the subject of another thread and you might find it if you use the search option.

The gist of it is that there are 3 different Tundra mirrors with 3, 8 or some other number of wires, probably depending on whether the turn signal blinker is on it and whether it is heated. Maybe they have the same bolt pattern. If they do, the tow mirrors should fit, but you may not have the right number of wires. Given that it is a Limited, it is more probable that you have 8 wires.

Do you have the tow package—that should mean a bigger alternator, transmission cooler, brake controller wiring, heavier shocks and more. The tow package and how it works with the TRD package seem to change year to year. Your Sequoia will be happier if it has the tow package.

People quoted prices for the tow mirrors and I seem to remember $300 something. Another said it was not too hard to do yourself. I think you would have to remove some (plastic, vinyl?) covering inside the door to get at the bolts.

An alternative to airbags would be a helper spring to the leaf spring pack. I know nothing about differences between them, but some do that instead.

Gene
The Sequoia does not have leaf springs

Old 12-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
As to the Tundra towing mirrors....

check Sparks Toyota TRD in the Carolina at TRD Toyota-Scion Performance Parts Accessories from Sparks Toyota-Scion.

Their internet price on the mirrors currently is $199.27

as to the wiring, even if you had only the three wire, my Toyota service writer told me a week ago that the mirrors would work, but that the heater/directional light function would not work but the auto adjust would work.

someone on one of the Tundra forums had questioned whether the truck would pass inspection if the directionals on the mirrors didn't work.... the dealership said that wouldn't be an issue as the mirror directionals are a convenience add on, not a requirement.

so if the bolt pattern is the same you should be able to upgrade.

Dana