Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #61

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher
A few years back I spent some time working for Fiat and Ferrari.

One day, several of my co-workers and I went to a warehouse near Newark, NJ to take an inventory of Ferraris that were being stored there together with Rolls Royces. As I recall there were well over 100 Ferraris and about an equal number of Rolls. There was quite a lot of inventory $$ in that warehouse!

The one thing that struck me about these 2 car brands at the time though was the less than stellar reputation each of these had as far as mechanical reliability. I guess that a lot of people that had that much money to spend one could afford to keep them running. (One of my projects at the time was a review of Ferraris that had been returned under the Lemon Law.)

I'll never forget visiting one of the largest Ferrari dealers located in Lake Forest, IL (who had sold Ferraris to almost everyone of the Cicago Bulls basketball players at the time - Jordon, Pippen, etc.) where there was a used Rolls Royce sitting in the showroom leaking oil on the floor. When I asked a salesman about the oil leak his comment was that all the Rolls Royces had that problem.

Personally, I put Airstreams in the same category with Rolls Royces and Ferraris - they all look good, but if you want value for the dollar and products that are well made, you'd best look elsewhere.
Ouch! I think AS is a great product. Way better than an SOB!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Derwood , Maryland
Wow - slamming the ole' Airstream on an Airstream Forum.....

Hoping after a few more kinks are worked out - the second season with my Airstream will be only that much better!
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:34 PM   #63
3 Rivet Member

2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Fresno , California
I still have my '96 Bentley, though it hasn't left the warehouse in a few years...and I can't even [B]fathom[B] on God's earth how someone could tow anything beyond maybe a 16' Bambi with a sedan. And someone said it perfect on an earlier post...when it comes to Rolls and Bentleys...if you ever have to even utter the phrase "how much will ______ (fill in the blank) cost?" MOVE ON....I absolutely loved it as my daily driver until in true pre-VW Bentley fashion...well, those who know, know. They finally did an update on the Continental which finally makes it look like a car worth buying...I'd never spend the price of a home on a car so the Mulsanne's out...but good lord is it a thing of beauty. Again though, I'd never tow a trailer with one...(now the new Bentayagua...or whatever they hell the new SUV's called...the only trailer to to with that is an Airstream...what a combo that'd make)
LucasS is offline   Reply With Quote