Old 09-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #113
Rivet Master
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
Most of them eat beef too, then get mad at us for not driving a Prius.

Ted S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:40 PM   #114
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
You know, I've NEVER met a cold, wet, hungry environmentalist...Ever!

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums

'The Silver HamShack' (2007 International 22FB CCD 75th Aniversary model)
Multiple Yaesu Radios inside and many antennae sprouting from roof, ProPride hitch
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:26 PM   #115
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Vancouver , British Columbia
Originally Posted by timhortons View Post
I don't think we're going to resolve all the issues regarding climate science on the Airstream enthusiast board...
I would certainly agree with that. There are more appropriate forums to discuss CO2 sensitivity, and other climate change issues.

What would be interesting is to discuss the impacts as they relate to camping and towing.

I am thinking of things like fuel prices rising significantly. The potential for EV tow vehicles in the future. Whether Airstream will evolve to lighter trailers, easier towing, as an option for those of us who want them.

The challenge is to get to that discussion without having to rehash things like whether it is warming, whether we are contributing significantly to it, whether Al Gore has a large carbon footprint, and so on.

I haven't seen any claims that all impacts will be negative. Certainly a warmer planet will be good for some. Those who want palm trees where none grew before, for example. That has to be offset against the very significant societal cost of higher sea levels, crop failures, water shortages, climate refugees, and so on. It is the net impact that is bad, not all impacts. No alarmism here, just a read of the best information we have available to us at the moment. And it is looking like mitigation is a far better investment than waiting until our only choice is adaptation. We will have to invest in adaptation in any case, but why make the pain worse?
jcl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #116
3 Rivet Member
2007 20' Safari
Chelmsford , Massachusetts
jcl hits the right note. This is about efficient, compliant tow vehicles, not global warming.
"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself
a king of infinite space..." -Shakespeare (Hamlet)
BearScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:45 AM   #117
3 Rivet Member
2010 30' Flying Cloud
Mocksville , North Carolina
Originally Posted by streamachine View Post
If happy with the power and performance of the vehicle why take it to the dealer for a reflash. Drive it the way it is! I am sure there are plenty of independent garages that dont care if you have had the update done that would still work on it something tears up. Just drive it and still enjoy your vehicle like you did before tree hugger global warming extremist told you it was bad to drive. you didn't know the difference before so why worry now?
I'm not sure if I will have the option of not having the recall done. From what I hear they are talking about not renewing your registration unless you can prove you have taken it in for the recall. I do plan on waiting as long as I can so I can see how the "fix" is affecting cars that have it done.

Echelon73 is offline   Reply With Quote