Originally Posted by 2airishuman
that is some high mileage report.
but low profile is a 'relative term' and i think of 30-45 series tires as low profile.
but it isn't related to 'low profile' in your comparison.
I never referred to the 70 series Michelin tires as being low profile. I refered to them as being a "lower profile" when compared to the 75 series Toyo's. It could be suggested that many would suggest they are low profile when compared to a large truck or SUV tire.
Optimizing ones combination is usually achieved by many subtle changes.
- Shorten and re drill the ball mount shank to move the ball closer to the back bumper. This reduces the wheel base to overhang ratio
- Reinforce the weaker receivers to eliminate flex
- Replace weak or cheap shocks with a more appropriate quality shock
- Determine and install an appropriate hitch system and adjust it properly
- Change the tires to a more appropriate lower profile or right size LT tire
- and more.....
In the end it is the advantage of the combined, numerous refinements that end up with a fine tuned, safe, and optimal setup.