Old 05-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #169
Rivet Master

1991 34' Limited
Wichita , Kansas
Some version of the 6.2L LS1 based small block GM version has been available in trucks since 2007. See Scroll down to the 4.06" bore heading to read about the earlier engines. The current engines in the light duty trucks and the Corvette and Camaro are considered Gen V engines as they are the fifth generation developed since the inception of the LS1 (gen I), which was first offered for sale in 1997 (I believe). The Gen V truck engines and the car engines all share a lot of parts. However, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, camshafts, oil pans, etc. are different. Also, the current 5.3L and the 6.2L light duty truck engines share many parts as was suggested before.

Steve Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:39 PM   #170
2 Rivet Member
2016 30' International
Sewickley , Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Seinbelld View Post
Hey guys,

We pulled the trigger on a 2016 Sierra SLT Crew Cab with the 6.2 and max trailering yesterday. It has 1,903 lbs. of payload so will hopefully give us plenty of room as far as that goes.

Purchased at a dealer near STL... They are the second largest volume dealer in the country.... Well worth the 9 hour drive as we got nearly $12k off and a solid trade in. Highly recommend! They still have a black one and have a few more coming in soon.

So far, so good. The AS is now at the dealer so we will be taking delivery in the next couple weeks. No towing experience so wish me luck

Hey guys,

Checking in after ~5 months ownership of the 6.2 with max trailering, including five trips with the Airstream. After nearly 11,000 overall miles... so far, so good. Having never towed anything in my life (so nothing to compare it to), I feel the truck has done a really good job with our 30' Intl. We just returned from a week long trip to Asheville (9 hour drive each way from Pittsburgh) - our longest and the one in which we encountered the most hills. The brake assist worked really well down some of the steeper grades and the truck seemed to do great towing up those same hills.

Long story short.. I'm very thankful to have stumbled on this thread during my searches.

Hope everyone is having a great summer. We are in the process of scheduling a few shorter trips for late summer and fall... really dreading having to put away the AS for the winter.

Seinbelld is offline   Reply With Quote