Old 07-21-2014, 08:57 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I read your post several times and couldn't decide if you point was; you have to buy the expensive unit for max capability....or we show the pretty one, but max capability is the ugly one.....

In defense of marketers....and I ain't one....regardless of product advertised, what would you do? You have 30 seconds, at $100,000 to $1,000,000 to compel people to buy your product.

I don't blame them for trying to wow folks. It's my responsibility to sort out the truth and make a decision.....not theirs! (within legal parameters of "truth in advertising" regs, of course)

Again, this is regardless of product or service advertised.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
I read it carefully the first time around Steve. If they don't care about that, why would they care about this standard?
You may have read it carefully, but you obviously do not understand, and that's understandable considering how new you are to the forum. You simply do not know the history here of tow vehicle capability "discussions". I cannot say any more without starting it again.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #17
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
I read your post several times and couldn't decide if you point was; you have to buy the expensive unit for max capability....or we show the pretty one, but max capability is the ugly one.....
That was my point. The standards are great, marketing will still confuse average shoppers and people who don't take the time to inform themselves will keep making decisions based on what they're being told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
You may have read it carefully, but you obviously do not understand, and that's understandable considering how new you are to the forum. You simply do not know the history here of tow vehicle capability "discussions". I cannot say any more without starting it again.
Yup, on your PM.

I've been reading for awhile, and already been hammered with it a few times. "Like, opps my bad for mentioning payload in the Ecoboost thread. "

It's almost like discussing religion or politics it seems like. Of course, gas vs diesel is like that too. Or Ford vs Chevy.

I did just recently change my username, I've been on here reading for the last year, but have been more recently active posting as we're gearing up to get on the road very soon.

Good discussion guys. Pretty sure I've completely hijacked this thread however.