Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2007, 08:02 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
I just ordered a Leer 100XQ cab high cap, which is supposedly the top of their line, for my F250 crew. It's my second Leer. The first has been on my Chevy TV for over 10 years with no problems whatsoever, and still looks great. I like how they design their caps for each make/model of truck, and the exact paint match. In fact, the dealer wouldn't place the order until I provided the VIN for the color code. I was considering the an ARE, but I liked how the raised contour on the Leer cap complimented the lines of the doors on the F250.
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:10 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
2003 25' Classic
Anacortes , Washington
Electric retractable tonneau cover

We looked at various cap and cover alternatives for our 2003 Silverado crew cab. We had a soft tonneau cover, which was easy to roll up, but it provided no security (it would have been easy to cut and the tailgate is non-locking).

We were looking for a cap or cover which could provide some degree of security, and yet could be rolled back or easily removed if we needed to haul something large when not camping. A major criterion was not limiting visibility out of the back window, which was hard enough to see out of as it is when backing up without the trailer.

While camping in Tucson at an RV park, we noticed a hard rollup cover – a "Bedlocker" brand. It is expensive and there are several choices, but it met our needs exactly. We selected the plastic-coated aluminum model, with an electric roll-up feature, and an optional lock for the tailgate. The lock is a rather simple device that could be easily overcome by a knowledgeable thief, but does provide some degree of security/deterrent – and certainly is better than none at all. The lock functions with the remote key lock of the truck. Also, the cover can secured in any position (ie, partially open if needed).

Thus far, we are very satisfied – both with looks and functionality. The only downside is cost – a little over $2,000 installed. Here is the website – with a picture of the cover in motion:

Pace-Edwards

George & Pat
ghatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
I have a SnugTop XV with integtrated Yakima rack mounts and a fold down front window. The latter has never really worked well (I have rebuilt it...) but I like the shell. I had to replace one of the sliding windows last summer and it was above $300.
-KL