Old 11-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #29
Rivet Master
1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV
Sort of.
Mrs. HiHo (the fuel use monitor) lets Mr. HiHo (the fuel user) know that he is driving like a idot and needs to slow down. Usually followed by "Are you TRYING to scare me?"
There must not be a patent on that device as I have one lisenced under a different name and also has the question "Are we in a hurry?" spoken in a rather sarcastic and snide tone.

Different strokes for different folks!

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
mrmossyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #30

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Best Mpg....who Cares!!

Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV
I have a device that monitors my driving and lets me know when I'm being aggressive and waisting fuel--- Mrs. HiHo

AF #1

"Sticks & stones can break your bones...and hail will dent your Airstream"

So when is this..."old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:46 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member
2006 23' Safari SE
Brea , California
General info...... The fuel economy sticker on new vehicles is less than it has been in the past (ie more accurate) because of the change in standards thus reflecting more of the actual economy.
Glenn G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:17 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member
General Disarray, in case noone has answered your question about vacuum gauges on diesel engines, the answer is no. Today's diesels do not have a manifold that develops a vacuum like, for instance, carburetor-equipped gasoline engines.

On diesels, which generally today are fuel-injected and turbocharged, two gauges are good for indicating how hard the engine is working: an exhaust gas temperature gauge, and a pressure gauge on the turbocharger output. With these gauges, generally the lower the exhaust gas temperature and the lower the output pressure of the turbocharger is, the less work the engine is doing and thus the less fuel consumed.

Airstreamer67 is offline   Reply With Quote