Old 10-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #15
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland

What I found when I was shopping for my TV was that everyone is paasionate about there TV, some are hitched to the brand whether it be Dodge, Ford or GM. Some only prefer gas and others only prefer diesel. Owners of diesel for the most part swore by their diesel whether it be a Dodge, Ford or GM. For the most part few commented on the interiors. My personal choice was Ford's.

Max towing capacity also came up alot and good luck if you can figure all of the permutations to that one.

In my case I narrowed my choices down to the F150 4X4 ecobooster with max and HD towing vs the Ford SD F250 4X4 Diesel with towing package. I saw gas prices as being a wash between the two because the Ford manual said to use premium with the ecobooster when towing to get the best milage. Premium and diesel run about the same price at least around here so I went with diesel. I also thought it would be highly unlikely to switch back and forth between them..

Maintenance for the diesel will be somewhat more expensive, however, I will have more then sufficcient towing ability and will not maxout payload.

IMO the price on the diesel also compared favorably to the F 150 because of the incentives. I would have had to special order the F150 and there were no incentives.

Hope this helped and best of luck on your search

urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Springfield , Virginia
Nice truck. The torque and power is amazing. I've had my 2012 F-250 diesel for three months now and LOVE it. Additionally the mileage is great. I consistently get ~16 mpg towing and ~21 mpg solo on the hwy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-612420344.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	693.0 KB
ID:	171234  

lylesgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Bob, we wanted the short wheelbase like your Lincoln with plenty of power and ended up here at about half the price of diesel, LOVE it towing and around town. Ram 5.7 Express equipped for towing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	62084_4764433358405_251839515_n.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	171236  
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member
2013 30' Classic
Lakeland , Florida
Beautiful color scheme. Are you thinking about a "Cap" for it? That will be our first upgrade. We have ordered through, Truck N America.
Freedomrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #19
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
We will not be putting a cap on it but rather a folding top that rolls up when necessary.

urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote