Old 03-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Yorktown , Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to Rivetedude
Mawall29, Like I said above,

Originally Posted by Rivetedude
To each his own
You don't have to get all defensive when no one here is getting offensive. I don't hold any ill will against anyone for buying a Japanese vehicle. I'm merely stating that I can't in good conscience buy one myself.

You'll have to forgive me if I hold a grudge. When I served in the Navy, I had the distinct honor of actually speaking directly to Pearl Harbor survivors of the USS Arizona during a Pearl Harbor reunion ceremony held on my flight deck in 2002. I no longer have the luxury of ignorance after hearing men describe in intricate detail the horrors they witnessed first hand. One man after another describing macabre scenes that until then my mind couldn't even fathom. After seeing those men break down into tears in front of a crowd of hundreds of people, it becomes difficult for me to line the pockets of a country that would commit such an unprovoked matter how long it's been. These men still mourning, still unable to tell a 60 year old story without still crying. A horrible story of a cowardly sucker punch that Japan to this day still revels as their greatest victory.

That's why I can't bring myself to buy a Toyota, and that's why I'm insulted by the commercial.

Go US Coast Guard!!!

"Keep You're Tin in the Wind"

My Photos
My MySpace!

Rivetedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #30
Currently Looking...
Cullowhee , North Carolina
Smile I am sorry about the tension

Sorry about the tension, I do understand that there are many reasons do be pro American made only about and I am sorry I jumped on your post. I know in a perfect world everyone would just get along (country to country) but unfortunately that doesn't seem to make the world go around. I was just thinking if other countries held a grudge against the US for the mistakes we may have made while thinking they might have been called a victory as well then it gets us all no where. I was not thinking of the individuals and more of a country as a whole. I would hope that other countries would support American products whatever they might be, so that we can move forward in the world as a other countries have. For me not supporting another country would not be moving forward. I respect your point very much and hope I have not offended you or anyone who has fought bravely for this country and my rights. Much appreciated.

mawall29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #31
2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
Mt. Judea , Arkansas
Just curious if Y'all realize how many Chinese parts are used to manufacture your Airstreams? or the components therein. This is a never-ending debate without the possibility of resolution. Each person must justify their purchases on whatever criteria makes them feel good without the risk of someone else belittling them for their choice. It is hard enough to compare things (tow vehicles, trailers etc.) based on what combinations work best without complicating the issue with patriotism.

ZarZac is offline   Reply With Quote