Old 12-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Eureka , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
These are the best I've ever used. And really easy to install and uninstall and adjust.

https://www.makariosrv.com/products/...-Products.html
These get so many raves I decided to give them a go. About $90 on Amazon. I like the easy looking install and the ability to use my power fold-in feature in close quarters.

I'll let you guys know how they work out. Once again, great information and help here. I had searched for trailer mirrors and saw a million kinds but not those!

Old 12-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwoodguy View Post
These get so many raves I decided to give them a go. About $90 on Amazon. I like the easy looking install and the ability to use my power fold-in feature in close quarters.

I'll let you guys know how they work out. Once again, great information and help here. I had searched for trailer mirrors and saw a million kinds but not those!
I don't think you'll be sorry.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #17

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Let us know how you like them!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:16 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
I've never used the McKesh...let me ask a question....EVERY mirror I have used which has nylon straps loosens up when wet. Nylon expands and stretches when wet and requires retensioning. Then, when the nylon drys out after a rain, the straps are TIGHT...so tight they stress whatever they are clamped to.
Not had a problem with the straps being wet, and they've been wet A LOT this last year. The shape of the door on my Sienna does leaves a bit of a gap between strap and door skin, allowing the wind to get in there and cause some vibration. I solved it by using a small block of foam (actually cut from a child's swim training vest) behind the strap. This increases the strap/skin gap but reduces the vibration, as well as the chances of the strap vibrating against the paint work.

McKesh work well for me, they're stable at speed and the best bit is the ease of taking them off.

"You can't tow that with that!"

http://toadsoftowedhaul.com
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Eureka , California
Update 12-23-11 I got my new Aero 2 mirrors today. They are fantastic! I am quite impressed with the engineering of these mirrors. This is not your run of the mill junk that usually leads to disappointment. This is carefully engineered stuff that is made well and is robust.

After the one-step assembly of screwing the mirrors to their shafts, I mounted them on the car, which takes about 30 seconds. They clip onto the top edge of your existing mirror with two very robust threaded clamps. Then the same clamp assembly has another threaded clamp to slide the rods out to whatever distance you want. Presto - in a few second you are ready to roll. And, I can use my power fold-in functions on the mirrors!

I only found one thing to haggle about. They give you a nice canvas storage bag, but you would have to disassemble the mirror from the shaft each time in order to fit them in the bag. That's too much work IMO, so I won't use the bag. No big deal, but they could have made the bag 4 inches longer and scored an A+. I give them an A for sure!

I paid $92 the pair on Amazon. Very happy.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwoodguy
Update 12-23-11 I got my new Aero 2 mirrors today. They are fantastic! I am quite impressed with the engineering of these mirrors. This is not your run of the mill junk that usually leads to disappointment. This is carefully engineered stuff that is made well and is robust.

After the one-step assembly of screwing the mirrors to their shafts, I mounted them on the car, which takes about 30 seconds. They clip onto the top edge of your existing mirror with two very robust threaded clamps. Then the same clamp assembly has another threaded clamp to slide the rods out to whatever distance you want. Presto - in a few second you are ready to roll. And, I can use my power fold-in functions on the mirrors!

I only found one thing to haggle about. They give you a nice canvas storage bag, but you would have to disassemble the mirror from the shaft each time in order to fit them in the bag. That's too much work IMO, so I won't use the bag. No big deal, but they could have made the bag 4 inches longer and scored an A+. I give them an A for sure!

I paid $92 the pair on Amazon. Very happy.
No disassembly required. Just spin the head around so the pointy end points to the clamps.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Eureka , California
Well, dogone! Thanks! Ok, I raise the grade to A+ then!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Southern , Colorado
+1 for the Milenco mirrors, distributed by J.R. Products. I searched for these mirrors for a couple years after reading a British mirror test, but couldn't get them shipped to the US. It was clear that the Milencos were head and shoulders above the competition - their aerodynamic design, super strong clips, ease of installation and lack of vibration in the wind was attractive.
I bought the larger Grand Aero from https://www.makariosrv.com/products/...-Products.html

The mirrors work great and I like the way they fold in with my mirrors so passers-by aren't bumping them out of alighment.

I received excellent response from the distributer, JR Products, who did not sell retail, and Super Sevice from Dennis at Makarios RV. Dennis actually went out and measured how far the Milencos extended from his window glass and reported back to me before I bought! Check them out for other RV products.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International CCD
San Luis Obispo , California
The Milenco Grand Aero mirrors look great. If I ever have to replace my trusty McKesh mirrors I'll consider the Milencos also. It's nice to have two good options.
wbrownrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
+1 for the Milenco Aero. They work great on my Tundra.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikapen
+1 for the Milenco mirrors ... I received excellent response from the distributer, JR Products, who did not sell retail, and Super Sevice from Dennis at Makarios RV. Dennis actually went out and measured how far the Milencos extended from his window glass and reported back to me before I bought ...
I went with the Grand Aero also. Before I ordered I asked about the dimensions of the glass and received a prompt reply from Makarios. I was skeptical as how well those bigger mirrors would stay put on the long arms in the wind or when closing the doors, but they do just fine. I was surprised how little mass the heads have, possibly accounting for their ability to stay put.