Old 06-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Cape Canaveral , Florida
Lucas Oil

Was wondering if anyone is using Lucas oil in their TV?

4227free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1986 31' Sovereign
Kent , Ohio
I have used Lucas supplements. Not on my new TV thought. Lucas is good stuff... Top Notch. They are very active in Motorsports, which is a sign of a good company. Teams will not pump garbage threw a $100,000.00 engine.

The only thing I dont like about there oil additive is it tends to adhere to parts better then oil. Or it helps oil adhere to parts. That is good and bad. In racing applications you ussually dont want that, Infact a windige tray or dry sump system is used to do the opposite ( that is my mind set )

I know alot of guys use it in the semi's, and Farm equipment.

If you are lookin for some miracle fluid to keep your engine new forever, nothing beats regular oil changes. More often then MFG reccomend. Keep in mind. Most new cars are throw away, and everyone wants low maintenence, or no maint. Extreme conditions warrant more frequent fluid changes also.

mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1968 24' Tradewind
Oxford, , Mississippi

I've been back and forth on my opinion of Lucas. I have used it and still do in my older vehicles. My son's 4Runner with 200K miles was burning lots of oil between changes. Since we started adding Lucas he goes 3K with no need to add oil. So for older engines, it does help with oil burn. But, I have never been able to find and hard analytical data on Lucas. No test, or studies that prove it does what it says on the bottle. That said, for my high milage oil burners, I love it. For my Tundra, I have always used Mobil 1, so maybe it won't become a high milage oil burner. Just a high milage truck.
68 TWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Cape Canaveral , Florida
Thanks for the replies.
I have an 05 Dodge with a Hemi and have been running Lucas for last 80,000 miles with no issues. I go 5,000 miles between oil changes, without adding any oil.
4227free is offline   Reply With Quote