Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Wickenburg , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamica View Post
Im here vacationing in Grand Canyon right now. I have a 94 7.3 Turbo. We averaged around 11 mpg towing this trip so far. There was one stretch between Needles and Seligman where we came in on fumes literally (next time I will make sure I keep one of the tanks half full). The truck has performed well although I expected a little more power from the ol gal. I think my Dodge Cummins would have taken it on the grades.
I added a pyrometer guage so could see what was happening on those grades and was surprised to see how quickly it can get up to 1200F. Thats when i would back out of it and take my time in the truck lanes. I dont think you could go wrong with this combination.

Best of luck

Vinnie
Vinnie, the 1994 1/2 7.3 Powerstroke is a differant engine. Yours is a 1994,a bulletproof combo but does not make the power that the newer engine makes. Your engine is all mechanical( injecters & pump), the Powerstroke 7.3 has electronic engine controls and is direct injected where the early 7.3 is indirect injected.
Also that hill on I-40 between Seligman and Williams is a doozy!
Enjoy the Canyon, and if you go east along the south rim when you leave make sure and stop at the Cameron,Az trading post. They have a first class resturant. We had supper there Sunday evening. Adios, John
Diesel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #22
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Thanks John,

It sure is a doozy! Dont get me wrong. I love my truck. I have put alot into it and this was the first real big adventure for it. The trailer weighs in at 10K when loaded along with all the stuff my wife added to the truck bed made it brutal climbing the grade your speaking about.

We are off to Las Vegas in the morning.

Thanks Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
atlanta , Georgia
I currently tow with a 2001 cc, LB 7.3L f350 4x4 - great truck, tons of power with a DP Tuner, 4insh exhaust etc. . . two things to be aware of - you will need to soften your trailer set up or you will be beating up your trailer. The second is to get your truck dialed in right in the beginning and it will serve you very well. Finally, don't drive a big diesel without guages. There is a lot of great info on this site 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
nunya001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #24
Rivet Master

I love my e350 7.3 powerstroke I don't know what I would tow the AS if it ever wears out. 90k on it with no problems.
Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1999 27' Safari
Kent , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel1 View Post
Oasis will only show warrenty repairs, not customer pay repairs. Also Oasis only goes back for the last recorded six months. ie- if the vehicle was worked on under warrenty on 2/2003, 5/2003, & 4/2004 and it is now 2009 only the 4/2004 repair will show up. Adios, John
OASIS will show all repairs done at a dealer. The reason for this is, Say you take your truck in for regulaer tranny service, at 65000 your tranny goes, Its recorded. Also some outside repair shops are , or can get there repair info onto an OASIS. There are also a few other reprts that only dealer get. Ussually a carfax, and OASIS will get the job done for ya.

I bought a 91 Ford van in 98, I got the OASIS, back to the begining, I could tell this couples vacationing patterns. It showed Oil change in OHIO, then 4 days later in FLA every year, right before thanksgiving, then FLA and OH around Easter.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Wickenburg , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang View Post
OASIS will show all repairs done at a dealer. The reason for this is, Say you take your truck in for regulaer tranny service, at 65000 your tranny goes, Its recorded. Also some outside repair shops are , or can get there repair info onto an OASIS. There are also a few other reprts that only dealer get. Ussually a carfax, and OASIS will get the job done for ya.

I bought a 91 Ford van in 98, I got the OASIS, back to the begining, I could tell this couples vacationing patterns. It showed Oil change in OHIO, then 4 days later in FLA every year, right before thanksgiving, then FLA and OH around Easter.
Hmmm, I worked in two differant Ford dealerships from 1993 till 2005 and the only Ford OASIS I am aware of went back 180 days from todays date. I used OASIS on a daily basis to figure out repeat repair problems and an openended OASIS report would have been a major asset. Adios,John
Diesel1 is offline   Reply With Quote