Old 06-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatismytruc View Post
Picked up the new TV, and brought it straight to my hitch guy with the instructions I found. He looked at them and said: "yep, that's how we do it." So we had a slight miscommunication over the phone. All is well in our pink house.
I still question why he is hardwiring the controller and not using the Tekonsha harness available.

peegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #16
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
P:

Click on my first link (the how to). I shows what GM gives you now. I was able to salvage the short pigtail that the prodigy started with, but GM leaves 4 bare wires under the dash and two power wires (with ring terminals) near the relay/fuse box.

biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatismytruc View Post
P:

Click on my first link (the how to). I shows what GM gives you now. I was able to salvage the short pigtail that the prodigy started with, but GM leaves 4 bare wires under the dash and two power wires (with ring terminals) near the relay/fuse box.

There is no longer a trailer brake controller plug under the dash in the GMT900s Document ID# 1866253 2007 Chevrolet Silverado - 4WD -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: Information on Electric Trailer Brake Controller Wiring - Towing, Tow #06-08-45-008 - (10/10/2006) Models: 2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe 2007 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali XL -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Some customers may have questions on how to connect an electric trailer brake controller or where the brake controller pigtail harness is located. Starting with the new 2007 GMT900 full size utilities and pickups, there is no longer an electric trailer brake controller pigtail harness. The trailer brake controller wiring is now part of the Instrument panel wiring harness and the blunt cut wires are located under the left instrument panel, behind the data link connector. There are four blunt cut wires in this harness as described below.

Who woulda thunk it. What used to be plug n play is now a step back in time.

peegreen is offline   Reply With Quote