Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #61
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Question What engine?

Any one know what size engine for wannaB ?
Old 11-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #62
Certifiable

. , .
Most likely 5.3 liters V 8 front engine with 96 mm bore, 92 mm stroke, 9.5 compression ratio, overhead valve and two valves per cylinder LM7
Old 11-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #63
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Thumbs up Try-it

Try it, I think you'll like it.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #64
1 Rivet Member

Ann Arbor , Michigan
Thanks for the info, Moosetags. I will definitely change the receiver over to a Class IV. I have already had a trans cooler installed. Is the oil cooler yet another add-on? At one time I knew what the difference between Autoride and Premium Ride was, but I've forgotten. I don't think they are the same. I know that my truck does not have a real load-leveling air suspension, it's just those rear shocks that are self-adjusting and they take a little driving to do their thing. Robert Cross, it's the base truck - standard 5.3 engine, 3.73 rear axle. It does have Tow/Haul. Thanks, again, for your help.
wannaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #65
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Thumbs up Try-it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaB View Post
Thanks for the info, Moosetags. I will definitely change the receiver over to a Class IV. I have already had a trans cooler installed. Is the oil cooler yet another add-on? At one time I knew what the difference between Autoride and Premium Ride was, but I've forgotten. I don't think they are the same. I know that my truck does not have a real load-leveling air suspension, it's just those rear shocks that are self-adjusting and they take a little driving to do their thing. Robert Cross, it's the base truck - standard 5.3 engine, 3.73 rear axle. It does have Tow/Haul. Thanks, again, for your help.

You are good-to-go for it, Enjoy

Keep us posted with Pic's.

Stream Safe.
Bob
Old 11-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #66
FFWilliston

2021 30RB Classic
Myrtle Beach , South Carolina
Best Tow Vehicle

I used to tow with a pickup, but the mrs wanted something with better creature comfort in the back seat(s). We have found that our Nissan Armada does a great towing job (I have towed cross country two times with it), plus its passenger comfort is superb. Unless you absolutely need the bed of a pickup, and want interior space, consider the Armada (it looks good too). Test drive all candidates, of course. Good luck. Fred
ffwilliston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:15 PM   #67
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBCCI9898 View Post
i have driven that fast but i find pulling a trailer at that speed with any tow vehicle would be dangerous. I keep it at 60-65 or as we say in canada between 100 and 110 km per hour. Its hard to believe but it really is a super tow vehicle.
Rich Luhr on his blog had also talked about towing a 34 with the Hemi 300 sedan. His comment was something about it feeling like driving a Lear Jet.
That Hemi in the sedan bodies must really put out.