Old 01-31-2009, 09:16 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Seriously speaking....I discussed "alternative fuels" one day with a good friend of mine who happens to also be a Petroleum Engineer for one of the larger oil companies, and he asked me "what alternative fuel, we don't really have an alternative at this time". And I replied, " how about hydrogen"?

Then, he replied, "where are you going to get the hydrogen?"

I replied, thinking what's wrong with this guy....everyone knows you can get hydrogen from water, and I replied, "from water".

Then he got to the real subject of the matter when he asked, "what are you going to use for the energy to crack the water?"

I replied, "nuclear energy".

His response was, "at this time, that's the only practical way, but we don't have the necessary amount of nuclear energy".

So, practically speaking, at this time, it can't be done, and if we want to do it in the near future, we need to be building more nuclear power plants in this country.

Now, there's a topic to start some arguments!

Old 01-31-2009, 10:41 AM   #16
Halimer

2006 25' Classic
New Hyde Park , New York
Being born in Brooklyn, I am the right full owner of the Brooklyn Bridge. I even have the deed and it is not for sale. I can get you a good deal on the Williamsburg Bridge. It is being sold as is.

Mark
1883 Burnett St.
Marine Park, Brooklyn, NY

Old 01-31-2009, 12:52 PM   #17
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Getting back to reality...

Now here is something that IS pretty cool....

Disappearing Car Doors: A Revolutionary Concept in Car Technology & Design

ďAfter all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.Ē
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but Iím the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:05 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1962 22' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
You mean the title I have to the bridge is no good!! And to think the guy who sold it to me was pulling an AS!!
Old 01-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Seriously speaking....I discussed "alternative fuels" one day with a good friend of mine who happens to also be a Petroleum Engineer for one of the larger oil companies, and he asked me "what alternative fuel, we don't really have an alternative at this time". And I replied, " how about hydrogen"?

Then, he replied, "where are you going to get the hydrogen?"

I replied, thinking what's wrong with this guy....everyone knows you can get hydrogen from water, and I replied, "from water".

Then he got to the real subject of the matter when he asked, "what are you going to use for the energy to crack the water?"

I replied, "nuclear energy".

His response was, "at this time, that's the only practical way, but we don't have the necessary amount of nuclear energy".

So, practically speaking, at this time, it can't be done, and if we want to do it in the near future, we need to be building more nuclear power plants in this country.

Now, there's a topic to start some arguments!

Solar panels in the desert. Of course we will need to truck the water in for cracking. You cann't imagine how many people in the lower New England states say Hydrogen Fuel with a look of wisdom..... We don't even get enough sun to get a good tan 9 months out of the year.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:01 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
Well my experience is a bit different.

I spent a morning installing the HHO, the Spark Magnifier and a few other mileage enhancing devices I bought on the internet. The installation went smoothly and I thought I did a nice, clean job. I'll post photos when I get a chance.

I left the house with half a tank of gas and went about running the various errands I had to do and expected to do about 150-180 miles of driving during the course of the day. I couple hours into my trip, I looked at the gas gauge and saw it was registering 5/8 full. I could have sworn it was only half full when I left. The vehicle was level both times I read the gauge, but maybe I remembered incorrectly. I continued on my way.

Later in the day, after another 50 miles or so I looked at the gauge again. I couldn't believe my eyes. I now registered 3/4 full. It was amazing- I seemed to not be getting miles per gallon, but gallons per mile! I started worrying about overflowing my gas tank, so I aborted my trip and headed straight home. By the time I got there my tank was completely full!

The next day I siphoned gas out of my car into my wife's to fill her tank. See, you need two cars for this to safely work. One converted with all the gizmos and another just to burn the excess gas they create.

I have no financial interest in any of those products, I just wanted to share my experience with you.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Hey there. If you will provide me with your address, I will be glad to bring my fuel hogs by to help with the excess fuel you generate