Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2006, 06:52 AM   #201
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS
Hi, Minnies Mate. You had to mention Ricarro's. You must be much younger than me. Last time I sat down inside a Mustang with Ricarro's It was very comfortable, But when it was time to get out of the car, that was a different story. Very difficult to climb out of.

Bob
I'm 45. I know they make a wide variety of seats that were the top of the industry for comfort and the cutting edge in ergonomics when I was in high school. I would think with the explosion in popularity of full sized SUV's and pick-up trucks they should have some really nice premium seats. But I'm like you when it comes to passenger cars and performance cars; I fall into most of them and have to climb out of them, too. My boss (10 years older than me) has a Toyota MR-3 and the only time I road in it I felt like I needed someone to use a shovel to get me out!

It seams, though, the concept cars now have these sling seats made of mesh or very flat back and bottoms that look good and are made of recycled materials, but can't offer any lumbar, lateral, or forward thighs support. Not appealing for a long road trip.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:44 AM   #202
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Diesel power update

It's coming up on three years since I started this thread, so I thought it was time for an update...

This is our third year of pulling our 23' Safari SE with a 2006 F-250 Super Duty Power Stroke diesel truck loaded with us, our dogs, and packed with equipment up and over our nearby mountains and we are very happy with this truck and its diesel power.

Diesel technology continues to evolve...

See my recent article, "Diesel power", History Safari Express, Airstream Life Online Community.

So as the world continues to evolve, I thought it would be good to ask the question again: Would you chose gas or diesel as your next tow vehicle?
SilverGate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #203
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Jeepers, I saw this thread's title in the list, and thought it was about diesel-fuelled heating, hot water, and cooking appliances.

I saw a '79 Argosy when we were looking for a TT, and the owner made it clear that he had NO USE at all for LP gas, and considered it dangerous.

It had a beautiful marine-style stove with a very powerful fan built into the stove lid, a diesel furnace, and a diesel hot water heater. None of the appliances used an open flame to heat. There was a fill-up opening on the outside of the TT.

I loved the rig, but SWMBO was adamant that it was too small.

Oh well, back to your regularly sceduled discussion, sorry to hijack.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #204
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I purchased a 2005 F-250 PSD in anticipation of purchasing our Airstream and really liked it except the ride. I have a bad back injury from about 20 years ago and the stiff ride was aggravating my back to the point that I was having to undergo physical therapy. In 2008, Ford redesigned the F-250 from the ground up including the suspension and captain's chairs. The new seats fit my back perfectly and the ride is closer to the F-150 (not exactly, but much better) than the 05's so I traded for my second F-250 PSD. The new engine along with all of its pollution control devices has less towing power and torque than my first one with its 6.0L PSD, but the ride makes up for it and the comfort in knowing that I am towing greener than before makes it worth the trade.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote