Old 01-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1992 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
Fault Codes and Indicators

I just bought an ELM OBD II Bluetooth adapter on Ebay for less than $15 and I'm going to use this Android app on my phone to check my vehicle codes and reset fault indicators as I see fit. I'll report back how well it works once I've tried it and I'm hoping that it will save me needless expense by doing it myself. It could also be useful when you're towing to keep track of vehicle operating parameters.

It appears to be a crap shoot whether it will work with your particular phone model, OBD adapter and vehicle combo but it's promising enough to me to give it a $15 dice roll.

Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
Crusty

I have been running Torque on my Droid X for the last year and find it to be extremely valuable. I use a somewhat more expensive OBD bluetooth adapter from PLX devices and it has worked flawlessly on the half a dozen vehicles I've used it on. Even if you have someone else do the work, running Torque will help you understand the extent of any problem you may be facing and whether it is intermittent or a hard failure, since in addition to the fault codes themselves you can view real time data from the PCM.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1992 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
I just got my OBD2 adapter in the mail today and I slapped it onto my daily driver Pathfinder. The device paired up with my android phone and I started the Torque Lite app and I was reading all sorts of cool info about my car in a matter of minutes. I like it already and I'm going to shell out for the Torque Pro app which allows access to even more info and more features. I can see how it would be useful when cruising too for keeping track of all sorts of things (like MPG even) in real time. Two thumbs up!
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote