Old 09-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
I've PM'ed hookedonclassic and asked Rich to look in on this post when he's around. He drives a similar rig with a new 34'.

I have had experience seeing a couple club cab long beds -- not everyday vehicles! They have the turning radius of an aircraft carrier.
Just returned from a short trip up in northern Wisconsin. Beautiful weather. No fall colors yet. Anyway, back to the thread. We really like the cc/short box for our needs. The cc worked well with a trip to the Black Hills with our mothers last month. For them, it was 300 miles that was comfortable. We would have not done the trip in a extended cab. Access was important. We often travel with 3. With the 34', the extra length in the wheelbase is nice (cc vs exteneded) but I'm sure the extended cab short box would work good too. With the triple axle, I try to avoid tight turns as much as I can but it takes room to turn. For everyday driving, I like the cc with the exception of parking in tight spots. You have to remember it's a truck and not a car. I'd buy it again without reservations.

2010 43' Newmar Dutch Aire
formerly 2006 34' Classic

Changing the World One Child at a Time

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #16
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
We have two young children, so the extended cab would have been okay for us. But after looking at them and really evaluating them, we opted for the crew cab. The extra length is worth the bigger turner radias.

Hi Yo Silver, Away II?
looking for our next AS
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:09 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
1999 34' Limited
1962 19' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Northern , Minnesota
We have the crew cab and find it handy when we are traveling and want to take a ride with someone else to go sight seeing or out to eat. Much more comfortable than the extended cab. Also we have grandchildren and the car seat fits very well. I'm not sure if a car seat even fits in the extended cab??? I have a friend who manages a Chevrolet dealership and his comments on resale favor the crew cab. Brad
Bradjun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
Edgewater Park , New Mexico
I have a Chevy Crew, 4X4 , 4 wheeler, with the 6ft bed and I think it handles like some sports cars. I use to have a Dually Crew with an 8 ft bed and that was a big truck! For some reason GMC offers a slightly shorter bed ( I think its 5.5) than Chevy. Hard to believe but I compared one side by side.
FiveOJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:21 AM   #19

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Just a note: The people who rode in the back of your extended cab were being polite when they answered your query.

pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:27 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member
1976 Argosy 24
Tempe , Arizona
just as an aside... the mega cab dodge ram is pretty amazing for back seat comfort. I had a ride in one and it is better than a limosine because it is easier to get in. The one I rode in was a 3/4 ton two wheel drive and wasn't even that hard of a step up

Donna & Mike
Cowboy up! or go sit in the truck

Charter Member Four Corners Unit

WBCCI #2417
flitzwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote