Old 08-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
The Real Thing

I owned the Ford F-250 w/ the Power Stroke. At 23,000 it blew an oil seal, got towed in and charged for an additional oil change ($80.00 dealer charge). At 38000 mi. blew a seal on the high presure fuel pump. Ruined the pump, repaired under warranty. This only cost me $350.00. ($200.00 for the tow in, $100.00 deductable for the warranty and $50.00 to clean the deisel fuel off my truck. I was stranded in Branson MO for two days waiting on it to get repaired. I drove home and straight to the GM dealer to traded it in for an 04 Chevrolet 2500hd w/ the duramax/ allison. I love it. 48000 miles later, no worries. I am still shopping for my first AS, but I feel good about the tow vehicle.

Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:57 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Is ti the right car/truck????

George Jr.

The veicle you are looking at is certainly able to tow a great deal - assuming nothing is wrong with it! The Mileage is what the mileage is.... but does it use oil....? Was it a work truck - other poeples things usually get treated worse than owner vehicles ( think rental cars!!!)? Bo all the things that you would to ANY decent used vehicle - have it checked by a DECENT mechanic that you trust.

Then, is there isn't anything that sends you away screaming, think price. You buy, he sell. Competing things that, if he needs to get rid of a family vehicle - think one thing. If he is getting rid of a work vehicle - think another.

If it turns out to be exactly what you want, with no screaming signals to get away from it, then pay fair and hope of the best.

Probably NOT what you were wanting to hearm but hem it takes all kinds!

Ciao and good luck!

SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:09 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
Employee pricing is a couple of thousand under invoice, then use your GM customer loyalty discount if you qualify and they accept it with this program, then use and GM Master Card credits if you have them and then put the balance on your credit card to get air miles. It takes some hard bargining in some cases but try as GM is going through some tough times right now. Bargin hard with a dealer that sells lots of pickup trucks or deal in a state that traditionally sells lots of trucks like Texas. Texas is probably the best state in the country in which to bargin a deal for a truck and you can do so online or on the phone.

Great truck and engine that requires a little more upkeep than a gasoline engine but will last much longer for sure. Good luck.
ZoominC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #18
Send a message via AIM to spclkaz
Strange as it may sound, GMC sells alot of trucks in Maine too... back in '99 when I could not find a 3/4 Ton, 4X4, with an 8 ft bed anywhere in the whole city of Phoenix, I did find one at O'Conner GMC in Augusta ME while on vacation and they sold it to me for just $500 over their invoice... at the time they said they were the 3rd largest GMC dealer in the WHOLE country... they sell trucks all over New England, but admitted that selling one to a guy from Phoenix was the farthest west they had ever sold one!
I'd love a new Duramax, but with still only 37K miles on my now paid-for truck I expect it'll be a long time, if ever, before I ever own one... good luck...

94 30" Excella
99 GMC 3/4 Ton 6.0L
spclkaz is offline   Reply With Quote