Old 10-12-2003, 08:21 PM   #29
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Hey Pick, thanks for the info.

Eric

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 04:53 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
First tow

Towed the International home from storage yard today with just over 500 miles on the truck. What a joy! The engine-transmission combo is so smooth that it is a different experience than the old 5.3. I kept waiting for the usual downshifts and they never came.

Spent the afternoon stripping the AS. My workshop is full of boxes ready to go into the Classic; it is unbelievable how much stuff I had in that little trailer. Tuesday morning, it goes to the dealer and the new one comes home.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 04:59 PM   #31
Rivet Master

"it is unbelievable how much stuff I had in that little trailer."

When I bought my 25' Sovereign, the owner spent from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm carrying stuff out of the trailer. When I arrived home, I filled three large cartons with stuff they had overlooked.

Mark
Old 10-17-2003, 05:36 PM   #32
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
John,

Not that I think it matters with the Allison trans, but does the truck have a tow/haul like the gas non Allision trans versions?

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 05:45 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
John,

Not that I think it matters with the Allison trans, but does the truck have a tow/haul like the gas non Allision trans versions?

Eric
Yes, it has the tow/haul mode. With the 22', the load is below the recommended weight to engage the tow/haul, so I didn't use it (and didn't miss it). With the new Classic, the load will be within the recommended tow/haul range and I will use it. A side benefit of tow/haul with the Allison is that it automatically shifts down whenever you brake, thus making the most of the limited braking power of the diesel engine. This does not occur outside of tow/haul.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-23-2003, 09:24 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Sierra Vista , United States
Question 2500 HD buzzing...

John, At almost 160 miles old I'm noticing a high frequency (buzzing) engine vibration coming through the brake pedal when I'm stopped in traffic. I can see this in the mirrors a little also. Did you experience anything like this? Does it go away after break in? Do I need to meet my service advisor? Or is this a diesel thing? Have to admit it doesn't really bother me. I'm just new to the diesel way of motoring and don't know what's normal
Thanks,
Ken
Old 11-23-2003, 11:55 PM   #35
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Re: 2500 HD buzzing...

Quote:
Originally posted by silverback
John, At almost 160 miles old I'm noticing a high frequency (buzzing) engine vibration coming through the brake pedal when I'm stopped in traffic. I can see this in the mirrors a little also. Did you experience anything like this? Does it go away after break in? Do I need to meet my service advisor? Or is this a diesel thing? Have to admit it doesn't really bother me. I'm just new to the diesel way of motoring and don't know what's normal
Thanks,
Ken
I haven't noticed anything of this sort; idle is nice and smooth so far. It is still quite warm here ... could it be temperature related?

WBCCI #9632