Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
I Could Not Agree More. Our New 08 F150 Is Truly A Heay Half Ton With Plenty Of Power. Keep Up The Effort To Show Why A 3/4 Is Not Always Needed.
safari 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
Ok people ,hears the deal ,
I went to the trouble of posting tow ratings for the two cars that CanAm are demoing ,using factory ratings from the companies that make the vehicals .
Facts that show the OVER LOADING of these vehicals .you make excuses to prove your points as valid .Joking on the fifth wheel comment ,but I need no benefit of anybodys doubt. I can make some pretty good assessments on these setups because Im in this business and industry for 30 years myself ,its not that difficult you guys . What is it that makes you think that no one else has any possible idea or knowledge of this pratice
and therefore cannot make ANY statement contrary to whats going on at
CanAm RV ? Rednax ,yes chrysler made unibody cars in the 60s ,most all
the other manafacturers full size tow vehicals were full frame .your talking to someone with extensive knowledge on cars and trucks with more than enough experience to make an assesment on towing .dismiss me if you all choose ,
makes absolutley no difference to me ,the funny thing is that when somebody with some experience and information posts contrary to the your desired
thinking ,then everyone adds there emotional content to it .My opinions are
based on the mechanics of it ,I see Rednax tows with a 04 dodge truck
and Im certain most all of you tow with similar vehicals ,yet all this about how great or inspiring CanAm is doing it ,so why are you guys not following the wisdom ? Im looking at this from a physics and mechanical stand point.I also find that the objectors like to dismiss or disregard it ,even
when the vehical manafacturers CLEARLY have listed the weight ratings of
their vehicals .I don't think you need a 3/4 ton diesel for the most part either
but it does the job effortlessy for sure .My Travelall is a 1/2 ton vehical
by the way and it does the job .If the car is the way to go ,then all of you
folks should step up and get one ,conversation is good ,but talk is cheap
especially if your all barking me down while driving suburbans and 3/4 tons
at the same time . Im going to go ahead and step out of this debate at
this point .........pile on everyone .

Scott
scottanlily is offline   Reply With Quote