Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream310
Lilburn , Georgia
<<About time for you to register as a vender.>>

WHY would I want to do that? I am NOT selling anything. BTW, the word is VENDOR.

The Deuceman
DubleDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:16 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream310
Lilburn , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
About time for you to register as a vender. Get spell check, by the way.
You are right. BTW, vender is spelled VENDOR. :--)
Old 01-27-2021, 09:33 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Bon Air , Virginia
Click image for larger version

Name:	92612964-A326-4A2F-BED7-B517C5732708.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	387688
Anything is possible
Brentone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 04:18 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream310
Lilburn , Georgia
Geesch Mike Leary, that WAS awful.

I ran it thru the PAGES word processor and here it is, new and improved.

Thank you Automobilist:

I am a BIG fan (fanatic?) of diesel power in a motorhome. But certain "events", conditions, and situations have conspired these past 20 years to help TIP the balance of power (no pun intended) back to the gasoline engine as a serious contender for motorhome power, at least in the lighter weight series of product.

Although a gasoline powered Airstream Coach is not a rarity, having them done up correctly (engineering wise) is about as probable in the gas version as in the diesel version. I worked in the gasoline to diesel repower market in the late 70's and early 80's. I KNOW where MOST of the bones are buried.

We (DMC Atlanta) are in the middle of a VERY grand plan to convert an Airstream (380) back over to a gasoline engine. I can assure you it will be NOTHING like you have even seen before (at least not in an Airstream Motor coach). Yet, you will also not find any EXCEPTIONALLY new technology either. What you WILL find is exceptional workmanship and creativity coupled with common sense engineering and an intense appreciation for the needs of the motor home operator as it pertains to power, economy, longivity, and serviceability.

If this "package" performs up to my initial specifications of 12.5 MPG and a GCVWR of an honest 16,000 lbs. (I have NEVER missed a performance spec yet) I think there will be a case to be made for conversion from the Isuzu BD series of engines back the gasoline package. This could (with the REDUCED cost of reconverting back to a gasoline engine) prolong the life of the older Airstream coaches another 10-15 years. I am loathe to want to go too far out in time as the Airstream body DOES sit on a questionably modified GM motorhome chassis. I was appalled at the methodologies used to get this frame package up and running but thankfully MY name ain't on the signature sign-off sheet as engineer of record.

I will be sharing some of the repower ideas with this forum as they are made available to the camera and the computer along with a running description of what is going on. I hope this site will benefit from the work and see a reasonable 'out' for their deteriorating, tired, and progressively unserviceable diesel powered rig.

The Deuceman

Tags
tow vehicles