Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2010, 06:02 AM   #41
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbrb05 View Post
When you autocross your X5 would appreciate pictures and details. Do you post on Bimmerfest X5 forum?
Thanks for the idea. I just bookmarked the Bimmerfest X5 (E70) forum. Silly me for not thinking of it. When I get this rolling I'll definitely post some results, pics and video of an X5 in autocross mode...maybe I can arrange to do a few runs with the AS in tow!!

Just kidding.
GreyLens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #42
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
We will look forward to pics of the rig, and some driving reports.

I imagine you've already seen this one, still, I believe it the best preparation:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f238...-in-17984.html

Test drive X5 over to the nearest CAT Scale: full fuel, driver and otherwise empty. If time, use sides of scale to get right or left side off of pads and acquire all four individual wheel weights on second & third re-weigh (about $10, then $2 each followup).

As to " a few runs", when I installed the Hensley Arrow on my diesel Dodge and 34' Silver Streak (at about 6,900-lbs that day; truck at 7,400-lbs) I got out on I-20 west of Fort Worth and did full throttle-on, slammin' lane changes from shoulder to median strip and back across the Interstate at 55 mph. Couldn't shake it loose at all.

Would have gotten the Pro Pride (better weight-distribution fine tuning) but, alas, it came out a few months later.

I assume your trailer will have disc brakes? A sway-eliminating hitch and disc brakes is the gold standard, IMO. Many of us are also happy with CENTRAMATIC balancers.

Am much interested in mpg at various speeds on any turbodiesel rig.

Thanks.

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote