Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2004, 03:59 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Bedrug bed liner

This will be old news to most of you, but I had never heard of this product and thought there might be one or two others equally ignorant.

Pictured below is my new Bedrug bed liner. It is a carpet-like material that is custom formed to many different makes and sizes of pickup beds. It comes in two pieces - the bottom and tailgate/front and sides. These zip together and the whole thing is installed using self-adhesive velcro.

They provide rather a lot of the velcro, which you will need if installing in an open bed to keep it from blowing away. I used a minimum as I will always have the fiberglass cap on top.

It is said to be oil and gas resistant, and may be washed out with a pressure wash. The bottom is cushioned and formed to fit the shape of the bed floor. This results in a cushioned, smooth carpeted floor. I believe you could sleep on it! It can be removed in just a few minutes, although it is a bit awkward.

I choose the Bedrug over a sprayed liner for three reasons: 1) It was over $100 cheaper; 2) it will let me carry items with easily damaged finishes with no other protection; and 3) If I trade trucks in the next few years I can take it with me, so long as GM doesn't redo their beds.

And it keeps stuff from sliding around!

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 04:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Forgot the photo:

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bedrug.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	5345  
Old 03-21-2004, 08:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
That really looks nice. We did the Rhino spray-in liner before we decided to have a permanent hard tonneau cover put on...
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:19 PM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
That does look nice. Pop did the Rhino spray and uses moving blankets if there is anything that might be damaged....although, it's rare he moves stuff in the bed thats finish could be damaged.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:20 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Thanks for sharing the info on the bedrug! I need to get something for my pickup's bed before it gets all scratched up.

My biggest concern with the bedrug is if water gets in under it, the water will take a long time to evaporate, and until that happens, the bed will rust.

- Charlie
Old 03-21-2004, 08:23 PM   #6
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Without a topper, I think the bedrug would be a disaster as time went by. It is an open invitation for a rusted out bed.

With a good water-tight topper, I think it would be fine.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:26 PM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally posted by Pahaska
Without a topper, I think the bedrug would be a disaster as time went by. It is an open invitation for a rusted out bed.

With a good water-tight topper, I think it would be fine.
I agree 110%.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:31 PM   #8
Rivet Master

"Without a topper, I think the bedrug would be a disaster as time went by. It is an open invitation for a rusted out bed."

This, of course, is the bane of abs liners. And I doubt I would have the nerve to put one in an open bed for that, and other reasons. But apparently people do. It may be that the material is sufficiently wicking, I don't know.

However, with an open bed I believe I'd go with Line-X.

Mark