Old 07-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #15
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Isn't there a drive shaft from the case to the front differential that can be removed?

It would be cheap and easy as long as there isn't a slip joint into the transfer case. And cheap and easy is a rare combo these days!

1966 Mercury Park Lane 4 DR Breezeway 410 4V, C-6, 2.80 - Streamless.
1966 Lincoln 4 door Convertible 462 4V 1971 Ford LTD Convertible 429 4V Phoenix ~ Yeah it's hot however it's a dry heat!
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #16
1975 31' Excella 500
Orcutt , California
Hi, I also have a 99 4X4 Suburban, only a 1/2 ton which I'm looking to replace with something more suited to towing our 31ft Excella.

Anyway a little over a year ago I got a service 4WD system light and unfortunately decided to shift out of 2 wheel high to 4 wheel high and then to 4 wheel low where I got stuck. I did some research online and read that the push button 4 WD system was known to have a poorly soldered switch. I removed the switch and re-soldered the connections on the back of the switch. The light went out and I've been able to shift into and out of 4WD for the last year without any problems.

Might be worth a try, good luck

CGStitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules