Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2019, 08:25 PM   #1
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
2020 GMC Duramax HD

Some information about the new GMC HD is being shared via this video. It looks like a 10 speed Allison transmission will be available plus all kinds of towing "goodies". At 43 seconds into the video it shows a feature where you can look thru the trailer to see what is behind it. Amazing!

There is a lot of information forthcoming, like specs on the new gas engine. But this looks interesting thus far!.
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:41 PM   #2
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
2020 GMC Duramax HD

Starting to slowly grow on me. I just wish they would have done more to upgrade the interior design. Still feels outdated / it’s not much of a departure from my 2017 HD Denali. Grill is kinda funky.

L5P is a great power plant for sure. We’ll see how the new 10spd works out, should improve furl mileage a little.
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post

Some information about the new GMC HD is being shared via this video. It looks like a 10 speed Allison transmission will be available plus all kinds of towing "goodies". At 43 seconds into the video it shows a feature where you can look thru the trailer to see what is behind it. Amazing!

There is a lot of information forthcoming, like specs on the new gas engine. But this looks interesting thus far!.
Hans627, that is a really cool feature. I saw a post from CES in Las Vegas about Valero, a French company that is introducing their product. It looks like the same image in the new GMC.

Would be nice if we could all take advantage of it without having to replace our TV. Check it out here: https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...lers-invisible

Just found a video from Edmund’s at CES demonstrating how it works:
https://youtu.be/uj8BdEptMQg

PS: You’re going to talk yourself into a new TV if you keep posting these new releases :-)
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:14 AM   #4
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc306 View Post
Hans627, that is a really cool feature. I saw a post from CES in Las Vegas about Valero, a French company that is introducing their product. It looks like the same image in the new GMC.

Would be nice if we could all take advantage of it without having to replace our TV. Check it out here: https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...lers-invisible

Just found a video from Edmund’s at CES demonstrating how it works:
https://youtu.be/uj8BdEptMQg

PS: You’re going to talk yourself into a new TV if you keep posting these new releases :-)
LOL! What can I say, I love trucks (and cars for that matter)! And while I'm somewhat partial to RAM they are all amazing works of engineering.

I spent most of my working career in the auto manufacturing business as a supplier to the major OEM's. While it was very demanding I appreciate what goes into making these vehicles, with all their capabilities. Most people have no idea of what's involved. I remember one time we were to have a meeting the BSR engineers from Chrysler. At the time I didn't know what a BSR engineer was. Came to find out it was a whole discipling of engineering just dealing with buzz, squeak and rattle issues. They would place microphones inside the cab and place the vehicle on the road simulation vibrator, as shown below, for days, and weeks, on end, and tens of thousands of miles, to make sure there were no issues.

And, of course, that is just the tiny tip of the proverbial massive iceberg required to make these amazing vehicles we tend to take for granted!

I wonder is AS has ever run any such tests? I think I know the answer.

I miss working with these engineering issues, but not the stress associated therewith!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:22 AM   #5
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
So when are we going to stop supporting a company that has bailed on the middle class American/Canadian, for the cheaper labour in China.

I for one will never buy GM again.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:27 AM   #6
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Tip of the hat to Valeo for the innovation on this one. A real world test drive with curves and stopping views would be interesting.

Valeo does have a lot of systems in cars and trucks way too many to list.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:36 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2018 27' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Pretty cool. Probably will be available on the other two brands soon.

Tow Vehicle: 2020 F-350 6.7L Diesel
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:02 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
LOL! What can I say, I love trucks (and cars for that matter)! And while I'm somewhat partial to RAM they are all amazing works of engineering.

I spent most of my working career in the auto manufacturing business as a supplier to the major OEM's. While it was very demanding I appreciate what goes into making these vehicles, with all their capabilities. Most people have no idea of what's involved. I remember one time we were to have a meeting the BSR engineers from Chrysler. At the time I didn't know what a BSR engineer was. Came to find out it was a whole discipling of engineering just dealing with buzz, squeak and rattle issues. They would place microphones inside the cab and place the vehicle on the road simulation vibrator, as shown below, for days, and weeks, on end, and tens of thousands of miles, to make sure there were no issues.

And, of course, that is just the tiny tip of the proverbial massive iceberg required to make these amazing vehicles we tend to take for granted!

I wonder is AS has ever run any such tests? I think I know the answer.

I miss working with these engineering issues, but not the stress associated therewith!
Hans627, very cool, thanks for sharing! You are correct - we tend to take the engineering for granted of today’s vehicles.

It wasn’t that long ago we had carburetors and 12,000 mile tune-ups! Today we’ve got multiple computers and a data buss electrical system.

I started my career as a NIASE certified GM mechanic in the ‘70’s but now leave the maintenance to the dealership.

Congrats on surviving the auto businesses for all those years!
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote