Old 09-14-2016, 07:55 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member
2007 23' International CCD
Grapevine , Texas
2017 Audi Q7

I drive the Audi Q7 equipped with the factory installed towing package. The vehicle has a maximum towing capacity of 7700 lbs. with a maximum hitch weight rated at 770 lbs. This is straight out of the owners manual and confirmed by the dealership where I purchased the vehicle; Never install a "weight distributing" or "load equalizing" trailer hitch on your vehicle. The vehicle was not designed for these kinds of trailer hitches. The hitch attachment can fail, causing the trailer to tear loose from the vehicle. The GVW must never be exceeded under any circumstances. My first Airstream was a 2007 23CCD and my TV was a Toyota Sequoia. The Sequoia towed like a champ with a weight distributing/sway hitch. That being said, we have decided to purchase the 23FB with a GVW of 6000 pounds and hitch weight of 467 pounds and will use a friction sway control. Purchasing a truck as a TV with was not a consideration for us. If you decide to purchase the Q7, you won't regret it, unless you plan on towing anything larger than the Airstream 23'. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Mikeith84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off