Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-14-2014, 11:01 PM   #113
4 Rivet Member
 
phbarnhart's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Eugene , Oregon
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 411
Images: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwestman View Post
We took the 25FB out of winter storage today and hooked it up to the new '15 Yukon. The 20 mile tow to have the trailer prepped for the season was a breeze. We'll see how it goes on a long trip in a couple of weeks but so far it is a very nice ride.
I second the comment about how handsome that combo is! Please let us know how it operates on your trip! Also, I'm curious to know the technical details... it looks like a standard Yukon (as opposed to Denali), does it have the max tow package?
__________________

__________________
phbarnhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #114
3 Rivet Member
 
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 163
It is a fully loaded 4 wd SLT. The Denalis were not shipping yet when I purchased this one. It has the max trailering package with 3.42 rear end and integrated brake controlled. That package also adds the coolers. It has the sun and entertainment package which is ridiculous for someone my age, but what the heck if the tv's go out in the trailer we can always watch a movie in the back seat. It also has adaptive cruise control and a Chrome Exhaust Tip! (Said tip discolors as soon as it gets hot making it look just like any other exhaust tip but what's another $135.). The Denalis will have a different grill, bigger engine, and Bose center point sound instead of the standard Bose plus a much bigger price tag - someone said close to $15 k. Most noticeable about the '15 is how incredibly quiet it is. The short tow was very nice. The mirrors are small but it is wide enough that I don't feel the need to use my tow mirrors since you can't see around the back any way. The backup camera is super for hitching up. I hit it on he first try which is a first for me. Hope this info helps.
__________________

__________________
Jwestman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #115
4 Rivet Member
 
phbarnhart's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Eugene , Oregon
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 411
Images: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwestman View Post
It is a fully loaded 4 wd SLT. The Denalis were not shipping yet when I purchased this one. It has the max trailering package with 3.42 rear end and integrated brake controlled. That package also adds the coolers. It has the sun and entertainment package which is ridiculous for someone my age, but what the heck if the tv's go out in the trailer we can always watch a movie in the back seat. It also has adaptive cruise control and a Chrome Exhaust Tip! (Said tip discolors as soon as it gets hot making it look just like any other exhaust tip but what's another $135.). The Denalis will have a different grill, bigger engine, and Bose center point sound instead of the standard Bose plus a much bigger price tag - someone said close to $15 k. Most noticeable about the '15 is how incredibly quiet it is. The short tow was very nice. The mirrors are small but it is wide enough that I don't feel the need to use my tow mirrors since you can't see around the back any way. The backup camera is super for hitching up. I hit it on he first try which is a first for me. Hope this info helps.
Yes, that's great info! Please let us know how towing goes. I'm curious to see if adaptive cruise control can be used while towing on long flat stretches of freeway.

I'll second your comment on the quietness. I've driven the new Tahoe twice and the Suburban once and I can tell you that it's amazingly quiet; comparable to high-end luxury sedans.
__________________
phbarnhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:26 PM   #116
'06 75th Winick Prototype
 
2006 19' International CCD
1968 22' Safari
The Swamps of Hell , Lousy-Anna
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 205
They may be quieter and built better, but the last generation sure looked better. The 80's squareness and sharp corners, painted-together side windows and creases for creases sake looks a bit dated...not to mention the overt squareness doesn't quite gel with the timeless roundness of an Airstream. They also look HUGE pulling an Airstream; they make a good sized Airstream look relatively small. And, some of these are stickering for almost $70k!!! For a Suburban!!! Unreal.
__________________
ggoat!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #117
'06 75th Winick Prototype
 
2006 19' International CCD
1968 22' Safari
The Swamps of Hell , Lousy-Anna
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 205


__________________
ggoat!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #118
3 Rivet Member
 
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoat!!! View Post
They may be quieter and built better, but the last generation sure looked better. The 80's squareness and sharp corners, painted-together side windows and creases for creases sake looks a bit dated...not to mention the overt squareness doesn't quite gel with the timeless roundness of an Airstream. They also look HUGE pulling an Airstream; they make a good sized Airstream look relatively small. And, some of these are stickering for almost $70k!!! For a Suburban!!! Unreal.

Thanks goat! I guess I should have asked for your approval. But, the most important part is the grand kids love it.
__________________
Jwestman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:57 AM   #119
Rivet Master
 
m.hony's Avatar
 
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11,985
Looks pretty good to me...
__________________
2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #120
Rivet Master
 
truckasaurus's Avatar

 
1960 33' Custom
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,184
Images: 25
me too, I think it looks smart
__________________
1960 Sovereign 33' Pacific Railroad Custom
truckasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #121
Rivet Master
 
SteveSueMac's Avatar

 
2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwestman View Post
We took the 25FB out of winter storage today and hooked it up to the new '15 Yukon. The 20 mile tow to have the trailer prepped for the season was a breeze. We'll see how it goes on a long trip in a couple of weeks but so far it is a very nice ride.
I saw one of these live on the highway. Really nice looking vehicle!

Hard to tell from the pic, but is your trailer nose a little high? Doesn't quite look level but could be the camera angle.
__________________
SteveSueMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #122
3 Rivet Member
 
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
I saw one of these live on the highway. Really nice looking vehicle!

Hard to tell from the pic, but is your trailer nose a little high? Doesn't quite look level but could be the camera angle.
It very well may be nose high. (I noticed that too.) But, it was a quick pick up and drop off. I put Reese longest drop shank on there and ran it over the truck scale on the way. I'm light about 200 lbs in front compared to the rear on the truck so we need to do some work on the set up. The guys at Woodland Travel are going to help me with that when I go back to pick up the trailer. I checked with the Airstream2Go folks when I bought the vehicle and this was their recommendation. Basically it is the same set up they use except with '13 Denalis.
__________________
Jwestman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #123
Rivet Master
 
SteveSueMac's Avatar

 
2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,459
Pick up and drop off? Isn't that the chauffeur for the Car Talk guys :-)

Good luck and happy camping!!
__________________
SteveSueMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #124
3 Rivet Member
 
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Pick up and drop off? Isn't that the chauffeur for the Car Talk guys :-)

Good luck and happy camping!!
Yup same guy. But whenever I call he's always busy. LOL
__________________
Jwestman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:36 AM   #125
4 Rivet Member
 
2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 250
6.2 Offering in Tahoe/Suburban by Chevrolet

The 6.2 for the GM Chevrolet line is found in the Cadillac Escalade. The Yukon Denali (or Yukon Denali XL) is the GMC equivalent of the Escalade.
You won't find the 6.2 in the Tahoe, nor (I think) in the Suburban.



Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
I've been watching this (and other) threads about the upcoming Suburban/Yukon XL. I'm still holding out hope for a 3/4 ton but it probably won't happen.

So now I'm seeing the Yukon XL Denali has an optional 6.2L with lots of horsepower and torque. I attribute the horsepower to the fact that the engine revs quite a bit higher than previous (particularly big block) engines. But the torque numbers (granted, torque is related to horsepower) look very appealing - much like the big blocks of yesteryear.

Why is this awesome 6.2L only available in the Denali? I looked on the Chevrolet web site and I don't see the 6.2L available at any trim level. Am I missing something? Is it coming soon to a showroom near me. I don't mind buying a GMC just seems odd that I didn't see the same equipment offered on a Chevrolet. Maybe GMC is trying to distinguish itself as a truck manufacturer again.

So if the 3/4 ton is off the table - maybe there's hope for a 1/2 ton, perhaps a 1/2 ton HD, version of the Suburban/Yukon XL that will pull like the big blocks that ended production in 2006.
__________________
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #126
Rivet Master
 
m.hony's Avatar
 
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11,985
I know the 6.2 was available in the Silverado in 2011. Is it still available in the Silverado? Did the GMC Sierra Denali have the. 6.2?
__________________

__________________
2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canopener 2015 Alumitater Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 969 02-11-2015 08:51 PM
AUS : Down Under planning for Australia AS Australia WBCCI Rallies & Events 48 08-13-2014 04:53 PM
2015 models? john4170 Buyer Guidelines 19 03-06-2014 07:08 AM
2015 Interstate Ron_CA Sprinter and B-van Forum 14 03-04-2014 07:17 PM
2015 Ford Expedition with Eco-Boost Roadtech Tow Vehicles 16 02-24-2014 05:43 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.