Old 04-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMay View Post
Thanks for information dznf0g. What weight distributing hitch (wdh) did you use with the GMC Denali. I have Denali awaiting delivery of fc25fb around May 1. I am trying to narrow down which wdh to get. Looking at Equalizer w/4 pt friction control, Reese w/dual cam sway control, and Hensley (want to avoid spending $ on Hensley if others will work okay). Please advise. Thx BMay
I used a Reese Dual cam setup with 800# bars on that trip. I have used Eq with 1000# bars in the past. Search for my comparison titled Equalizer vs. Reese dual cam road test

Make your own decision.....those are just my opinions on using both.

I can't seem to figger out how to link you straight to that thread???????

Old 04-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitrock View Post
I've long thought a Suburban/Yukon XL would be my favorite tow vehicle, but now after buying an Airstream I'm rethinking that a bit. For carrying bikes, generators, and maybe a scooter, I can see a benefit in towing with a pickup. I had a generator built in on my last motorhome and I never used it except to start it to maintain it. Maybe I'm shadow boxing . . .
I am beginning to think I am with you. AS I've posted before I am lucky to be able to use many different company provided TVs which allows me to really drill down what I will buy for my retirement TV. If I still had kids along for every trip, a Suburban/Yukon XL would be a no brainer.

BUT, I am at a stage of losing passengers and adding toys. Full size SUVs weigh a goodly amount more (taking away toybox capacity). I just received 125cc scooter from my Dad as he moved to an assisted living home. It won't fit inside an SUV and adds 205# to the toy collection.....looks like a full size PU...probably 3/4 ton, extended cab regular bed might be the way to go for me.