Old 10-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2009 19' Flying Cloud
Hampstead , New Hampshire
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee TV

Recently purchased the new '11 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, installed the P3 Prodigy brake controller and off to the races (so to speak). The Overland has the quad lift air suspension system. I had the 19 foot Airstream set up to tow with my prior vehicle (09 Dodge RAM 1500). As I use the Reese WD system, I thought I would have to probably move the ball up or down. Turns out that the air suspension trailer leveling keeps the back at the right height to keep the trailer and the Reese level. Prodigy brake system seems to work quite well and the Jeep with the new V6 motor has enough H.P. and Torque (290/260) to move everything along quite nicely. Tracking of the trailer with the Jeep is excellent, but you do know the trailer is back there compared to the Dodge Truck. If you have not read about the new Jeep or driven one and are looking for a TV, suggest a visit to your local dealer. I did not opt for the Hemi as the V6 gets about 22 on the hwy and 17 around town. Looking forward to new adventures with the combo and will continue to report mileage type figures, etc. My real test will be to see how the combo goes thru the mountainous terrain in New Hampshire.

rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Good Luck with the new tow vehicle Rando - those are nice looking vehicles!
Steve, Christy, Anna and Scout (Border Collie)

1994 30'11" Excella - rear twin
2009 Dodge 2500, 6 Speed Auto, CTD, Quad Cab, Short Bed
Hensley with adjustable stinger

WBCCI # 3072
AIR # 6035
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote