Old 03-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member
Opelika , Alabama
Originally Posted by Mexray View Post
Have you noticed that the new Ford 6.7 ltr equipped trucks have a separate 'tank' for the new DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) with the fill cap right next to the fuel tank cap....

This new DEF is necessary to meet new emissions'll need to refill it about every 7,500 miles, and the stuff is available at Ford Dealers, of course!!...wonder what that's going to cost???

Ain't 'progress' wonderful....

I believe the DEF cost will be miniscule compared to the purchase of a TV and diesel fuel... <$5/gal... won't be long and it'll be in every gas station and auto parts store in the USA.

AUstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #16
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
New Borockton , Alabama
Originally Posted by gamana View Post
After many phone calls and research on the internet, I have come to the decision that my SUV (G55 AMG) is not the adequate TV for my future AS 27 International.

I am looking to get the upcoming F350 diesel 6.7.

Now, the question:

With a TV like that one, including such towing capacity, anti sway feature, brake controller,... do I need to add those special hitches, stabilization bars and sway controller mentioned all over this forum? or will the "as built' hitch suffice?

I ditched the clunky stuff two years ago when I went to the F350. I know many people are ALWAYS going to recommend the WD and while it can't hurt, it just becomes a matter of how much and how far you travel. Some will use WD to go fill up the propane bottles down the street and some run without them when they should not. Its going to be a decision you make based on your gut feeling and experience on the road.

Randy 208-514-8950
Converters, Inverters, Monitors, EMS, Zamp Solar
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
1991 34' Limited
1968 22' Safari
Clarksville , Indiana
For what it's worth, I tow a 34' w/hensley with a F250 6.4 and hardly realize it's back there.
With the new 6.7 F250 and 375 horse you'll be able to do all you need, plus they offer a 331 rearend, which will give you better fuel mileage. BTW I work at the plant where they are made and they are totally awesome. When they are accelerating they are barely louder than gassers
My Dream is to Stream,
My Love is My Family,
and My Life is to have a
Hell of a Lot of Fun!!!

papademojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:25 AM   #18
Rivet Master
Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
If the 6.7 turns out to be another turd, ford will have no one to blame but themselves this time.

r carl is offline   Reply With Quote