Old 07-01-2005, 08:14 PM   #15
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Thanks Norm,
I knew about the 6.0 piston slap issue...we have several 6.0 trucks at work and they said diesels are noisey early in the morning when everybody is first cranking up it sounds like a truck stop around there

I was just wanting updates from the guys towing Airstreams in particular with the Quadrasteer. We have been looking for a better choice in tow vehicles than our current F150 and this may just be it.

Aaron

WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:36 PM   #16
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I love my '04 Chevy Duramax - but I wish I had the quadrasteer. I feel like I need a soccer field to turn around in without it. But I love it anyway - great truck, awesome power and, so far, durability and economy.

Pat

Old 07-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #17
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmclemore
I love my '04 Chevy Duramax - but I wish I had the quadrasteer. I feel like I need a soccer field to turn around in without it. But I love it anyway - great truck, awesome power and, so far, durability and economy.

Pat
Test drove one of those too...gotta love the power and with the current incentives...I can get a crewcab 2500HD SLTw/Duramax for about $35k not a bad deal at all!

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 02:45 PM   #18
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
We just got back from a 3-week trip up to the Northeast, Fundy, back thru Quebec and Lake George. Never had any truck worries, pulled like a champ. Averaged about 13 mpg. I couldn't be more pleased. I think it is quieter than the Cummins or Ford, also.

Pat
Old 07-05-2005, 10:01 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Pleasant Hill , The Golden State
Happy?? Oh yeah!

We couldn't be happier with our Yukon. We've only got 7,500 miles on it, and about 1/2 of that towing, but it is an awesome tow rig. The Quadrasteer is really unique and well worth it. Order it now, as I've heard unofficially that GM is dropping it in the '06 model year. We'll either have something very sought after in 5 years or not.

The thing I like the most is the way the SUV drives in tight spaces. You forget how big it is, and just pull in, out or around. My wife never gets out of it without saying, "I love this car."

With the 4.10 gears our Yukon is getting minimum 11.5 towing, a little better without air and on the level. Solo as high as 16+.

We've had the phantom "Service 4-wheel steering" announcement too, and the dealer was unable to diagnose. It just goes away when you restart the car. The dealer suggested if it happens again, to swing by a GM dealer without turning off the engine and they might be able to pull a code. I'm not concerned about it.

I had one close call making a u-turn in a driveway. When I backed out into the street, I cut it too tight, and nearly hit my grand daughter's car parked next to the driveway. It REALLY turns tight! We do kick it into 2 wheel sometimes when backing up to our trailer so it doesn't over steer.

Long reply, bottom line....I LOVE Quadrasteer!