Old 07-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota's Dad View Post
Many people on here obviously tow with Ford's modular engines, and I would say that is about as severe a duty as these trucks might see, and only one person says he had a problem..

but I have to say, if I quit useing a brand or product everytime I found or heard an untruth about it, I would be hard pressed to live naked in a cave by now, without being upset.
I am far from the only one with this problem, just google it. There are thousands of them. I did not stop useing the brand because of the problem. I had a new truck on order when they chose to lie about the plug problem. That's when I cancelled the order and bought a Dodge Ram. It's been better then all the Fords put together.

98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
The Ford V10's will also spit out the spark plugs....happened to a person in our unit, while driving down the road.

Seems it's such a common problem that an independent shop in the next town he got to was equipped to install an insert.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #31
Iwannagocamping

1979 31' Sovereign
Rineyville , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shacksman View Post
I am far from the only one with this problem, just google it. There are thousands of them. I did not stop useing the brand because of the problem. I had a new truck on order when they chose to lie about the plug problem. That's when I cancelled the order and bought a Dodge Ram. It's been better then all the Fords put together.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get you upset, I was just posting some observations, in respect to the OP's question, and answers they had recieved here on this board.

I didn't make my self clear enough I guess, Of the people on this forum, who have responded that THEY tow with an expedition, only one of THOSE people has pointed out that they had this problem.

I agree with you that LOTS of people have had this problem, but as I stated there are LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of these modular engines out there that have NOT spit a plug. I am VERY active in the Mustang world, and somehow it's a non issue over there, even in 5.4's running 20+ pounds of boost through stock long blocks. If you build 10 million of something, (and 10 million is probably way less then the number of modular engines fielded by Ford since '94) and get it 99.9% perfect, there are still 10,000 people who have a problem. Most people would agree that 99.9% success rate is at least "OK".

Just the photos.. (sometimes you don't need the blog, just a picture worth a thousand words..)

1979 Sovereign International
2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2 Golden Retrievers

Air #36788
TAC#3179
WBCCI #1265
Dakota's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
How can you verify the Exp has the towing package?

Just curious if anyone knows what build code or where to look, to verify it has the towing package? Or, if you have a 7-pin plug does that mean you have the package?

Damon
Old 07-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #33
Iwannagocamping

1979 31' Sovereign
Rineyville , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by damonbeals View Post
Just curious if anyone knows what build code or where to look, to verify it has the towing package? Or, if you have a 7-pin plug does that mean you have the package?

Damon
As I understand it, if it has the built in 7way/4way plug mount you have the heavy duty tow package. If you only have the 4way, you have the standard tow package. The heavy duty package also includes pre wire for a brake controller, reciever hitch, upgraded transmission cooler, upgraded radiator.

Just the photos.. (sometimes you don't need the blog, just a picture worth a thousand words..)

1979 Sovereign International
2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2 Golden Retrievers

Air #36788
TAC#3179
WBCCI #1265
Dakota's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote