Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
1969 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
Walnut Creek , California
04 Armada and 69 Sov or 75 TW

I just bought a 04 Nissan Armada without the factory installed tow package. I have a 69 Sovereign and a 75 Tradewind.

I bought the receiver and wiring and installed it myself.

Anyone out there tow with an Armada?

Should I get the aftermarket air bags for the suspension? Any other suggestions for upgrading this SUV for towing?

Both my trailers came with the Reese setup, arms and all but neither came with the actual ball assembly. Can I even purchase the ball assembly? Should I upgrade?

Breadbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:41 AM   #2
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Many people tow, or have towed, with an Armada. With the exception of the wheelbase being shorter and having a live axle rather than a solid type axle, it's a Titan. One of our customers just got an Armada to tow their Safari, and we changed over all their "stuff", and set it up for them.
You can buy all the bits and pieces of the Reese, including the bits that go in the Armada. No additional airbags should be needed.

overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
I tow with the QX56 that has the towing package. It is the same as an Armada. I would install a temp. gauge for the trans. which the tow package includes and also a trans. cooler. Put the biggest one in that fits. (I was seeing some heating up more than I liked seeing, the cooler took care of it.)
Julia & Bob
W/ Deedee & Boo
AIR #30685
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote