Old 12-31-2007, 10:51 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2006 16' International CCD
Sun Valley , Idaho
Lucky you! Make some turns for us in that champagne powder and try and catch my daughter she is the really cute blond skiing around the Aspens with
snow up to her knees. Y'all keep on having fun! Yee Haw! & Cheers, Betty

Bettymsb@msn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
1969 31' Sovereign
atlanta , Georgia
In reverse order - Betty I like you already. About winter temps, condensation, etc. . . I am using interior window coverings made of polar fleece, also at the suggestion of a much more experienced AS guy here i am supplementing my furnace with a small ceramic heater - he told me it helps dry the air, also running your bathroom exhaust fan helps. We've had several nights including tonight with temps in the -10 degrees and colder - some days have not warmed much but hopefully tomorrow we will see a little break towards more reasonable temps. I did nt have time to construct the skirting I would liked to have b/c i ran out of time and am only here for a month. I did however shvel snow around the base of my trailer and the four plus feet in the past two weeks has helped that cause. I am using electric tank heaters - additionally I have constructed a very simple re-direct of the furnace exhaust using heat duct work that feeds into a VERY well ventilated heat box beneath the fresh water tank (outside underneath the trailer) - it does not obstruct flow and uses heat that exists to a better end. Pics soon. Really.

nunya001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
1969 31' Sovereign
atlanta , Georgia
Also - before I forget, if yu're doing a build out or resto and can put in radiant heat floors absolutely do it with out question. Wish I had.
nunya001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:40 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member
1967 28' Ambassador
Surprise , Arizona
Here is a great blog post by one of my favorite airstream bloggers on winter camping in an airstream and ski areas. Winter Camping Airstream Style Just 5 More Minutes
I keep this pinned on pinterest because I hope to one day have our old airstream redone to withstand many future ski trips!

dmusca is offline   Reply With Quote