Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2009 19' Flying Cloud
Las Cruces , New Mexico
RV Lots for Sale-Texas Hill Country

My wife and I are wanting to find a lot in the Texas Hill country to own. We (I) like to fly fish in Colorado in the summer and would like to try the fly fishing for bass and whatever trout are available in Texas in the winter. We would appreciate any information on lots to buy in the area of the Guadalupe River near New Braunfels. Please advise
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
My wife and I are wanting to find a lot in the Texas Hill country to own. We (I) like to fly fish in Colorado in the summer and would like to try the fly fishing for bass and whatever trout are available in Texas in the winter. We would appreciate any information on lots to buy in the area of the Guadalupe River near New Braunfels. Please advise
I can't help you with any specifics, but did want to welcome you to the Forums. I live in Austin, on the very edge of the Hill Country, and have spent my fair share of time tubing the Guadalupe over the years.

Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
rv lots for sale in texas - Google Search
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
My wife and I are wanting to find a lot in the Texas Hill country to own. We (I) like to fly fish in Colorado in the summer and would like to try the fly fishing for bass and whatever trout are available in Texas in the winter.....
Lots (I made a pun) of advantages to living seasonaly in Airstream Only compounds - here are two in Texas -

TAHI is right on the Sam Rayburn Reservoir - only 30 miles West of Toledo Bend. Both are premier bass lakes waaay underutilized by fly fisherpeople.

welcome

NTAC is closer to the hill country - and closer to shopping and the big city life.

northtexasairstreamcommunity.org

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Your dreaming

Welcome....If you think you can have a peaceful day fishing the Guadalupe anywhere near New Braunfels....your dreaming. The river has been ruined by the "Californication" by the Austin influx. Get away from that area and the lakes are great for fishing....not traditional flyfishing.....Bass is king around here. The Laguna Madre on the lower coast will treat you to Red Fish and Brown Trout.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2009 19' Flying Cloud
Las Cruces , New Mexico
I appreciate your helpful hints on the places to go and not go. I'm certain that many others have discovered the natural treasures of the Hill Country lakes and streams but I'd like to have a little time on them as well. Any RV parks that you can recommend for an old man (55+) and his younger wife and faithful dog would certainly be greatly appreciated.
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
I think I have heard of a swell airstream community called Airstreamharbor ...I think but it sits right on the edge of a HUGE lake...let me go look and will get the name right. Yeah it's Texas Airstream Harbor on 'beautiful LAKE SAM RAYBURN. And, they have an interesting way of living...here's the phone # 936-897-8014 Happy all the way folks!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #8

Medina , Texas
Don't know if you've already found your lot, but check out El Viaje Retreat in Medina, Texas (close to Kerrville & Bandera, TX). Heart of the Hill Country, large lots (50' x 100') for lease on a 1-year or lifetime basis.
Chef Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #9

2002 19' Bambi
Miami , Florida
I have a lot available in TAHI as my father has passed away recently. Let me know if you are interested. It has a cabana with an aluminum overhang and a storage shed. I will email a flyer if you would like.
jswcat is offline   Reply With Quote