Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member
1979 31' Sovereign
Hoping roaming again soon , Massachusetts
We made it through a relatively hassle free winter! Things went surprisingly well. My wife and I have taken to the full-time Airstream lifestyle and think we are going to stick with it for a while.

Moving forward, there are just a few details that we will be fixing. Although a little nitpicky, if we can manage to fix these few things it will be even better.

Flex hose is a hassle to use to vent sewer gases. It will need to be a more stable semi-permenant solution next year as the slinky nature made it hard to attach for any length of time.
Being able to vent the greenhouse differently would be useful although not for air exchange so much as climate control. The airflow overall was nice and drafty but on those warmer days we roasted even with the doors and windows of the greenhouse open. I am considering fans. The straw bales were great but they are messy and maybe need to be wrapped so it doesn't constantly track into the Airstream. They are worth the mess since it never got below freezing under the Airstream but if it could be cleaner that would be better.

As spring really takes hold, I am going to have to figure out the brakes, axels and hubs before we can go exploring. My wife and I figure that it has wheels and should roll even it is for a stay on another piece of family land or a spin around town. At some point later this year, we will need to head towards Claremont, CA for several months so I can do some research for school. We will need everything to be ship shape for that adventure. Thanks for all the advice, guidance, concerns and support!

Foxbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #44
Vintage Kin
Corpus Christi , Texas
Thanks, much, for an after-action report. I am one of many who look forward to more.

1990 35' Silver Streak Sterling; 9k GVWR.
2004 DODGE Cummins 305/555; 6-manual; 9k GVWR.
Hensley Arrow. 10-cpm solo, 18-cpm towing
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #45
2 Rivet Member
2008 27' Classic FB
Plymouth , Massachusetts
Andrew...we knew you would make it and you did it with spirit and a sense of adventure. Get the silver palace rolling and have fun in CA!!

Don and Debbie....

2008 27FB Classic
My Airplane Construction Website:
NTRPRZ is offline   Reply With Quote