Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Winter Living
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #1

2002 30' Classic S/O
Carthage , Missouri
Recomend a RV Park in South Texas?

Hi; I am new to this site but not new to Airstream ownership. My Father has also owned an Airstream for many years. He winters in South Flordia each year and unfortunately he is getting on in years and the past few years the family takes turns watching him while he is in Flordia. The problem is we live in Missouri and the drive is quite far for family and the South Flordia area is getting to be quite dangerous for an elderly person. We would like for him to switch to South Texas as it is just a long day from home. The problem is we need some good recommendations on a safe park. We would like to get him in a park within a short drive to the ocean and Wal-Mart that is not crime ridden. It would be nice if it would have an Airstream presence. Thanks for any help you may give me. EVVMAN
evvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1992 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
I can't recommend a specific park, but if I was looking I would be looking in the Rockport, TX area.
"Rancho Deluxe"
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #3
Soon to be Newbie

Kerrville , Texas
Port Aransas and Texas Hill Country

Hello- I live in Kerrville, Texas (northwest of San Antonio). There are two GREAT rv parks here. One is Guadalupe River RV Resort Guadalupe River RV resort the other is Buckhorn Lake Resort - Kerrville, Texas Buckhorn lake Resort. Both are really top notch parks, but I prefer Guadalupe RV because it is ON the river. In Port Aransas we stay at the Pioneer Beach Resort Camping in South Gulf Coast, Texas or in South Padre at the South Padre Island KOA RV Resort for RV, Fishing, Dining and More which is a newly owned KOA. All are great. There are also a TON of great State Parks and State Natural Areas in the Texas Hill Country Texas Parks & Wildlife Department | Welcome. Good luck and if you have any other questions about any of these feel free to contact me. Jim Hickey
Hickey is offline   Reply With Quote