Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Lots of People Are Doin' It!

Yesterday I was on the road and passed three RV parks close to the freeway. Was surprised that these parks looked to be 1/2 - 3/4 full. Even saw one Airstream.

Our freezing night-time temperatures (and first snowfall a couple of weeks ago) are not deterring the RVers. It is cold here on the westcoast of Canada, but not frigid. Our winters are relatively mild compared to other parts of the country.

I am winter camping (part-time) in the driveway. The AS has been winterized, but I sleep in it at night. I'm trying to save on propane; only turn the furnace on for about 15 mins. before bed to take the chill off, then rely on an electric heater beside the bed. The mattress is still akin to planking on an iceberg - am going to invest in a heated mattress pad. I think that will make it quite comfortable (at least for this hardy Canadian!)
Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I love our mattress pads. Heated Mattress Pads - Heated Mattress Pad - ElectroWarmth You're right about the ice slab sleeping, no fun at all! That's exactly what prompted us to get them. It's so nice to crawl into a warm bed when it is cold.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote