Old 07-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
BEND , Oregon
Wink Devil's Den! Wiliston Florida, Very unique!

This is my first post so be gentle! " There is a special place amid the horse country of north central Florida called Devils Den. It is a full service park that is not advertised as it is a secondary benefit to the 36 acre park. The primary attraction is a very unique viewable and useable underground diving/swimming natural pool with a constant cool water temperature. Google "Devil's Den, Wiliston Florida for more info." I would be interested in any reactions/impressions from AS members that have checked it out. We are brand new and are considering wintering here as we have friends in the area. (26.00$/ night I think). I'm not part of the Wiliston chamber of commerce,. If there are other ideas, I'm open to suggestions!
Thanks in advance.

call-me-al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
one of those
2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
I thought you were joking when I saw the title, but I was thinking of a totally different Williston. That Devil's Den looks pretty cool. Pull throughs, full hookups too.
No pets, I noticed.

A Blog from the Devil's Triangle
Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

We have never been there, but thanks to your post, we will check it out. We live about 300 miles from Williston.
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
Rivet Idiot
1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Over Yonder , Florida
We live 23 miles from there and have never been to it. I knew you could dive but did not know it had a campground also. Might have ride out and check it.
Welcome to the group, if you do get in the area, give us a shout.
AirHeadsRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
BEND , Oregon
In response to the no pets comment here is a clarification from the "horses mouth" as I just called them and they were very cordial. Pets are allowed (domesticated, socialized, and relatively nonvocal); leashed or on complete voice control, owners must be responsible and remove waste. They are not allowed into the "den", or pool.
I explained what I've found about AS members being a cut above etc etc and they were very receptive and helpful. I hope the AS members check it out as it's a long way from Oregon.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
You might check out Williston Crossings. Never been but looks nice. There are also several campgrounds north of Ocala. jim
1984 Avion 30p 9.1 meter. 2006 Dodge 3500 cummins srw short bed crew cab.
avionstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:35 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
BEND , Oregon
Is this an active AS area year round or seasonal? When I think of Florida I think of Condos, my college days at Ft Lauderdale on spring break and bad (harmless) behavior! But I digress! I know a lot of changes have occurred in the last 50 years to both me and Florida (haha) but an AS is sort of a condo on wheels and that allows freedom of movement when desired. Thanks for the suggestions of other places to visit. I'm Going B&Noble and check out the travel section, any tips on the best books? thanks!