Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited
Canby , Oregon
Woven Vinyl Flooring

Here is a fun story about trying to find the perfect solution for retro fit. I found the reference to woven vinyl floors with pads. The current AS floor products. I read all kinds of info and checked for vendors. Today after checking the Penelton mill end store in Portland for remnants of the print they use for AS napkins and placemats I walked across to the flooring department and just asked if anyone could source the WV product. Out walks the nicest lady who tells me they designed the product. They also supply AS all the flooring. What are the chances by kismet this would happen? She can’t sell the patent patterns but they have 10 choices. Direct ship from their plant. Lots of samples. Vendor direct installation instructions. I got goosies about finding a new friend! They also do hatteras boats. Argosy trailers, etc. how fun!
Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:56 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1976 24' Argosy 24
1999 30' Excella 1000
White Haven , Pennsylvania
That sounds great. Care to share where we can research colors etc?
Gkiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:06 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited
Canby , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkiesel View Post
That sounds great. Care to share where we can research colors etc?
https://infinitylwv.com

Is one place. There is a trailer here in the forum done with the stripes, which are actually meant to look like teak slat floors in boats. The vinyl is very thick with nice texture, light weight, comes with a super "not too thick padded backing" and glues directly to the floor. Can be water and soap cleaned, just no solvent based cleaners.

www.corinthianmarine.com 866-785-6507. I attached some pictures to show the colors against a table about the color of the wood in our AS. Also a pc of vinyl click floor for comparison of thickness.

As stated earlier in this thread you need to template carefully or hire a professional. Mike has done several big boats and he wants to have it cut into maybe two pcs to lay... That is if he finds the electrical short before he takes the rest of the walls and cabinets out trying to find it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0015.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	349944   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0020.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	349945  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0022.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	349946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	349947  

Old 08-20-2019, 07:15 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Monument , Colorado
What kind of pricing are we looking at per square foot?
DaveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:01 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1976 24' Argosy 24
1999 30' Excella 1000
White Haven , Pennsylvania
How do you get say ground in dirt out of the weave?
Is it easily cleanable?
Gkiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 01:27 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Paradise , Texas
The dirt vacuums right out without issue. Several customers with big dogs love it for cleanup.

Price per yard (last we checked several years ago) was quite a bit more expensive than Marmoleum. Like twice as much...
Crackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Lakewood , Illinois
Replace 2017 FC floor.

I have a 2017 FC 25’ FB Twin and I have never been a fan of the FC floor choices. I even looked into ordering that trailer with the upgraded Infinity woven vinyl floor which I was informed was not an option. I ended up with the lightly cushioned light beige patterned floor. The table leg ripped it the first year and last year while at JC one of the service men put a small tear in the floor in the galley area. I wasn’t too concerned rugs can cover up a lot and I knew that floor would be changed and now I had a reason.
I just bought the Infinity WV Seagrass flooring 8.5x25 on eBay for an unbelievable low price and am considering my options. Listing the three installation options starting with the most costly.
1) Remove the interior and do a factory like install
2) Just remove the easy stuff i.e. dinette table and bench seat and use flexible trim in some areas
3) Leave the current floor in and do a snap down marine style.
If money wasn’t an object I’d choose #1 but I also like the idea of being able to remove the woven vinyl for cleaning purposes.
Any information, opinions, and pictures to help me make a decision would be appreciated.
nedmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:31 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Lakewood , Illinois
Floor Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedmoto View Post
I have a 2017 FC 25’ FB Twin and I have never been a fan of the FC floor choices. I even looked into ordering that trailer with the upgraded Infinity woven vinyl floor which I was informed was not an option. I ended up with the lightly cushioned light beige patterned floor. The table leg ripped it the first year and last year while at JC one of the service men put a small tear in the floor in the galley area. I wasn’t too concerned rugs can cover up a lot and I knew that floor would be changed and now I had a reason.
I just bought the Infinity WV Seagrass flooring 8.5x25 on eBay for an unbelievable low price and am considering my options. Listing the three installation options starting with the most costly.
1) Remove the interior and do a factory like install
2) Just remove the easy stuff i.e. dinette table and bench seat and use flexible trim in some areas
3) Leave the current floor in and do a snap down marine style.
If money wasn’t an object I’d choose #1 but I also like the idea of being able to remove the woven vinyl for cleaning purposes.
Any information, opinions, and pictures to help me make a decision would be appreciated.
Let me rephrase:

1) If I decide to do to do a permanent install would you remove the original floor or could I install the Infinity WV floating (no glue) over the installed floor.

2) If I decide to go the snap install route I probably would leave in the original floor, thoughts.
nedmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:30 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited
Canby , Oregon
since I posted this info I have seen many complaints about how hard it is to clean the WV product. You can save a great deal in their clearance center because the pieces butt up against each other well. At least that is what the rep told me. I am now leaning toward a really good solid vinyl product. We have not removed the shell but the entire inside will be gone. You cannot install cabinets over vinyl click so it has to be cut to fit. I have it in my house and it is really HEAVY and it has some joint problems in a stationary situation. I am afraid it would "unclick" traveling down the road.