Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2016, 09:55 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Barrie , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky76Argosy View Post
Very Nice, but and not to seem too dense, is the floor nailed, glued down or just floating? And did you have to fill floor defects like bolt holes, sub-floor edge gaps? And did you leave any gap at walls? Is quarter round glued or nailed though flooring? Thanks for your Install particulars are appreciated. What type sealant? Thanks.
The floor was left to float but I did glue down the boards in front of the door as I want to caulk the gap there so that water and dirt can not collect in there etc. Plus due to the constant traffic I didn't want the floor to move around there.
Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:00 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Smithville , Texas
Thank you Polaris! Very helpful tips that I will definitely use. Great job on the cabinets! I would love to see build pics. :-)
SoverignGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:58 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
grover beach , California
Looks great! I had a hard time installing the floor in my trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1471190309.294759.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	269062

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
larry smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Barrie , Ontario
Plank flooring is definitely a challenge when having to cut around cabinetry and all the other obstructions in our trailers. Mine was mostly gutted which helped greatly. This product was much easier to install than typical plank floors due to the channeled edges. They drop straight down and get pressed in place. No awkward prying in at an angle to get it to click into place. Just finished about 4 weeks of camping with it and so far I am really impressed! No movement or openned seams! Did I forget to mention that the ends of each plank are channeled too! They can't open up either!
Old 08-17-2016, 12:08 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Barrie , Ontario
Not everything held up so good however! Had three straight days of rain at the end of our road trip! Discovered three leaks I didn't know I had as well! Roof antena, front corner window and range hood vent!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	500.9 KB
ID:	269280