Old 08-07-2016, 01:42 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Smithville , Texas
Wow! That looks great! Thanks for the info and pics. I will look into that.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Henderson , Kentucky
Very Nice, but and not to seem too dense, is the floor nailed, glued down or just floating? And did you have to fill floor defects like bolt holes, sub-floor edge gaps? And did you leave any gap at walls? Is quarter round glued or nailed though flooring? Thanks for your Install particulars are appreciated. What type sealant? Thanks.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:13 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Smithville , Texas
How did you get it so close to the wall that there's no gap? Someone else is posting on another thread that they were told you should leave room for expansion, and now they have a gap and are wondering about baseboards to cover it. I would love to know how you did yours so flush with the walls.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:28 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Smithville , Texas
I also would love to know where you got your cabinets and how much you spent. They are really nice, and all mine are going to have to be redone. Wrong thread for that, I guess,, but I love your look!
Old 08-08-2016, 09:45 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Barrie , Ontario
The floor is floating. I did leave a 1/4 " gap around the outside. The the quarter round is nailed to the kick plate on the cabinets, and I used 3M mounting tape to adherence it to the wall by the door. I sanded the subfloor before priming to flatten out any high spots but for the most part there were no gaps etc. So I did not have to fill anything. The cabinets were built by myself. Solid ply for the box sides, backs were left open except for 4" wide mounting strip at top and bottom. I used a face frame and built doors to be mounted inset. Thanks for the compliments. I can post some build pics of the cabinets when I have a moment.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:51 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Barrie , Ontario
Another trick to get your floor boards closer to the walls to minimize the gap is to bevel the cut at the walls. A few degrees will allow the top surface to be about 1/8" from the wall while the bottom of the boards will be 1/4" or more. I was only this particular where it was visable. Beneath the banquets I left it half an inch or more in some places. This will allow me to inspect periodically for leaks which this trailer has had in the past. Another major reason I went with this floor product though is that it experiences very minimal expansion and contraction due to the ABS honeycomb structured backing. Hope that helps!
Old 08-08-2016, 09:55 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Barrie , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky76Argosy View Post
Very Nice, but and not to seem too dense, is the floor nailed, glued down or just floating? And did you have to fill floor defects like bolt holes, sub-floor edge gaps? And did you leave any gap at walls? Is quarter round glued or nailed though flooring? Thanks for your Install particulars are appreciated. What type sealant? Thanks.
The floor was left to float but I did glue down the boards in front of the door as I want to caulk the gap there so that water and dirt can not collect in there etc. Plus due to the constant traffic I didn't want the floor to move around there.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:00 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Smithville , Texas
Thank you Polaris! Very helpful tips that I will definitely use. Great job on the cabinets! I would love to see build pics. :-)
Old 08-14-2016, 09:58 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
grover beach , California
Looks great! I had a hard time installing the floor in my trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1471190309.294759.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	269062

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 08-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Barrie , Ontario
Plank flooring is definitely a challenge when having to cut around cabinetry and all the other obstructions in our trailers. Mine was mostly gutted which helped greatly. This product was much easier to install than typical plank floors due to the channeled edges. They drop straight down and get pressed in place. No awkward prying in at an angle to get it to click into place. Just finished about 4 weeks of camping with it and so far I am really impressed! No movement or openned seams! Did I forget to mention that the ends of each plank are channeled too! They can't open up either!
Old 08-17-2016, 12:08 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Barrie , Ontario
Not everything held up so good however! Had three straight days of rain at the end of our road trip! Discovered three leaks I didn't know I had as well! Roof antena, front corner window and range hood vent!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	500.9 KB
ID:	269280