Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Floor Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Raj Mahal

1990 29' Excella
lethbridge , Alberta
Tarkett Fiberfloor

There has been some discussion about Fiberfloor and one poster said his retailer said the floor would melt at temps over 100F--so I called Tarkett direct and talked to one of their product people.

They say that the only heat restriction is that they don't want radiant heat under the floor to exceed 85F

This product will not melt at 100F but they caution that because of our trailer application the floor has to be glued down with a new product called Quickbond Releasable Adhesive.This adhesive makes the floor easy to remove if needed but will keep it in place and prevent bunch up at the sides due to trailer movement.

I did a kitchen in Fiberfloor cork a few years back and really liked it.Great patterns,soft underfoot,warm and best of all if you drop a glass it usually wont break.Easy to clean too.Unfortunately they dropped the cork design.

Fibrefloor will be my choice for carpet and lino replacement in my 29er.
ShikariJones is offline   Reply With Quote