Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2016, 07:08 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Mississauga , Ontario
Pulling Up Carpet in Bedroom

We have a 2008 safari 25ft FB and hate the carpet and want to pull it up and replace with vinyl flooring or something else. A couple of questions:
How is the carpet laid
should we pull out the bed etc to do it.
Thanks
slentle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:02 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Fredericksburg , Texas
In our 2007 FB Classic, I just cut the carpet around the bed. I don't remember if it had tack strips around the wall. I think it did and I just pulled it out. I replaced the carpet with vinyl plank flooring and carefully cut it around curve areas. The plank flooring had a matching transition strip to handle the different thicknesses of the plank and vinyl flooring at the hallway. We really like the look and don't miss having to vacuum the carpet. I did the same thing under the dining table. In that case, I also had to remove the seats to repair some of the sub-flooring due to a water leak.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:23 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2003 22' International
South Bend , Indiana
Typical factory installation is all the flooring is laid then cabinets and beds are set on top of flooring. You can just cut is away and lay the new floor up to the bed and cabinets.

Only other choice is to remove everything first and tear up all carpeting. Beds and closets come out easy. Kitchen and baths are a whole different animal and you don't want to go there if it can be avoided.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Kemblkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:32 AM   #4

2017 27' International
2012 Interstate Coach
Washington , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan guy View Post
In our 2007 FB Classic, I just cut the carpet around the bed. I don't remember if it had tack strips around the wall. I think it did and I just pulled it out. I replaced the carpet with vinyl plank flooring and carefully cut it around curve areas. The plank flooring had a matching transition strip to handle the different thicknesses of the plank and vinyl flooring at the hallway. We really like the look and don't miss having to vacuum the carpet. I did the same thing under the dining table. In that case, I also had to remove the seats to repair some of the sub-flooring due to a water leak.
The same thing I did.
BobetteBrant is offline   Reply With Quote