Old 05-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
Rivet Master
No glue vinyl sheets

I haven't found a thread on this product but I recently came across it being used on a basement floor, then at Home Depot. It's by Armstrong ( supposedly it has been around a while, can't believe I haven't read about it here ). It is fairly cushiony, and it LAYS FLAT. It floats, so it may not crack at the seams in the subfloor. It is easily pulled up if you have a wet plumbing problem.) They say to caulk the edges, but I might consider something that would make it easy to pull out. It's easy to clean. It is not too heavy. What would the drawbacks be, and does anyone have experience with it in a trailer?

mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member
1973 29' Ambassador
Fort White , Florida
I love your idea, I went to home Depot today and looked at it, the sample is here on my lap, Install with vinyl flooring tape, and like you said, it is thick and cushiony, the one I like has a sand paper feel finish for no slip, also being I have this old 1973 international, I like the 12x12 black and white look on an angle, yes, my choice, now its up to Margie.

See you along some long old dusty trail, John123

floridartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
IIRC it used to be sold under the brand name or moniker of Armstrong Timespan, it was loose laid and fastened at the edges with the baseshoe molding, joints were taped in place. And it has been around since the late 80's early 90's. I haven't worked with in quite a few years but it was a decent product when it came out. I plan on using something like it in my AS probably in a wood grain.

__________________ many little time...
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member
1971 23' Safari
Bozeman , Montana
There also is a product that HD reps called Allure resilient flooring. I am considering it for my trailer. I like the comercial line which has speckled looks, geometric shapes and even diamond plate. I read a review online that said it was a little stinky but other than that it seems ideal for tt flooring.
treeair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member
1994 30' Excella
Salem , Connecticut
I put this in my 1994 excella to replace the rug. This was easy to install, but has a odor "skunk like" I called the company they refunded my money and told me to throw it away. They also said it would come un glued with tem. changes.
maintguy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
Rivet Master
1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
We put Allure Trafficmaster in our breakfast room, and never noticed a smell at all. It went down easy and looks great. We chose the stone tile look and love it.

Jim and Sandy

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote