Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Floor Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-14-2019, 08:41 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1988 29' Argosy
brookdale , California
Mannington Adura Rigid LVF - Anyone?

Has anyone tried this flooring and if so, what is your experience?
2018 Ram 2500 4X4
Soon to be Full Timers
ScottandMoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:02 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1995 30' Excella
Harper Woods , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottandMoni View Post
Has anyone tried this flooring and if so, what is your experience?
I happened to read a blog entry about this, just this morning.

https://mavistheairstream.com/2018/1...ler-airstream/
Bob Blarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 28' International CCD
Springfield , Missouri
I was interested also if anyone has installed it and could post their experience with its expansion and contraction due to temperature changes that our trailers receive.
Moflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:51 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1988 29' Argosy
brookdale , California
Yes, that is where I saw it and wondered if anyone had put it in. The Mavis woman has not responded to me 😟
ScottandMoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:40 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Interesting.
Appears to have a wide temp range.
Key is that it’s a floating floor plank and needs 1/4” for expansion at the edges/jams. Indicates not to mount countertops on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5568.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	339323
Old 05-09-2019, 08:13 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
I read the blog this morning and found a local dealer. I went and looked at the product to use instead of the Lowes SmartCore Ultra I was planning on. I was originally planning on using SmartCore Pro but someone on Airstream Addicts said they had trouble getting it to stay locked. I also became concerned after reading reviews saying the same about the SmartCore Ultra. The profile of the locking mechanism looks pretty weak and subject to breaking. The Adura Rigid looks a lot like the SmartCore products. The top line product, Adura Max is only $0.25 per s.f. more than the Rigid and has a better looking locking mechanism, the best I have seen. It also uses what is called the angle-angle installation method. Google it. There are lots of YouTube videos about it.

Several reviews said that Mannington is a top rank supplier of flooring products and that they said they are transitioning to US manufacturing. I'll see what my boxes say.

I'm ordering some in the next day or two.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:37 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Maybe I’m confused about the product lines. There is an Audra Max and Adura Max Prime. The Max Prime appears to be “rigid” and is noted as applicable for 3 season rooms (-20F to 150F) whereas the Max doesn’t carry this same characteristic. The Prime also has a 12mil top layer which I’ve read isn’t quite what you’d want for long term durability. The Max has a 20mil top layer.

Look forward to hearing about & seeing your experiences with it.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:07 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3sonsdad View Post
Maybe I’m confused about the product lines. There is an Audra Max and Adura Max Prime. The Max Prime appears to be “rigid” and is noted as applicable for 3 season rooms (-20F to 150F) whereas the Max doesn’t carry this same characteristic. The Prime also has a 12mil top layer which I’ve read isn’t quite what you’d want for long term durability. The Max has a 20mil top layer.

Look forward to hearing about & seeing your experiences with it.
Well, now I have to get more information. I went in to buy Adura Rigid. Rigid's installation instructions have the three season note. The dealer said that Max was a higher quality product and I liked the locking mechanism better. You are correct, the Max instructions have an upper temperature limit of 140 instead of 150 but don't have the three season note or a minimum temperature that is the instructions for Rigid and MAx Prime.

Thanks for the information.

Al
Old 05-11-2019, 09:40 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
So I looked on Mannington's website and got really confused. They don't list Adura Max Prime as a product but do have installation instructions for it. The site shows Adura Rigid, Adura Max, and Adura Apex, but there are no installation instructions for Apex. I called my dealer and she said Max Prime is being discontinued and Adura Apex was so much more expensive that she decided not to carry it. She also said that Rigid had better thermal stability.

I sent a message to Mannington asking about the product line and temperature stability so I'll see what they come back with. The Mannington website has a testimonial from someone who installed it in an Airstream and loved it so I guess I'm going to go with Rigid.

Al
Old 05-11-2019, 07:42 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
I believe the testimonial is the same person as in the blog link in post #2. I have been reading as many of these luxury vinyl flooring threads as I can handle.

I’m not sure I’m sold on the floating floor after reading some of the professional flooring AS owners taking the direction of luxury vinyl flooring glued down with adhesives. I guess one advantage is that it minimizes the quantity. Aside from the front dining/gaucho area, our layout is basically one long hallway maybe 22-35” wide. Not sure there’s a lot of advantage for the locking mechanism for 3-4 planks in width.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3sonsdad View Post
I believe the testimonial is the same person as in the blog link in post #2. I have been reading as many of these luxury vinyl flooring threads as I can handle.

I’m not sure I’m sold on the floating floor after reading some of the professional flooring AS owners taking the direction of luxury vinyl flooring glued down with adhesives. I guess one advantage is that it minimizes the quantity. Aside from the front dining/gaucho area, our layout is basically one long hallway maybe 22-35” wide. Not sure there’s a lot of advantage for the locking mechanism for 3-4 planks in width.
I wondered about the testimonial being the blogger. Regardless it would seem that Mannington is endorsing the use of the Rigid product in trailers by putting that on their website.

I was more concerned about the short side locks, but maybe the friction of the long side locks helps keep the short sides from unlocking. I'm considering having it installed by the dealer. I'm not sure I can do all that getting down on the floor and getting back up for each of what is probably close to 65 planks. I'm too old for that . As Dirty Harry would say, "A Man's got to know his limitations." I'm meeting them for measurements on Wednesday so I will ask about glue-down, which in Mannington is the Flex product. It is less expensive but I don't know about the installation labor.

Another reason I like the Rigid is the staples that Airstream uses across subfloor joints are printing through my Traffic Master Allure Ashray Slate that the previous owner installed. They weren't showing when we bought the trailer but gradually got worse and worse. I thought maybe the staples were working up out of the floor but when I pulled the bedroom flooring they were almost flush. I don't think they will print through the Rigid.

Al
Old 08-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Al & Missy, Did you go with the Rigid LVF? Any feedback on your experience so far?
Old 08-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Yes, we did. I have very little feedback because we haven't been able to use the trailer since it was done. I'll be bringing it to the house this weekend to install the new recliner loveseat which necessitates the relocation of the converter and DC distribution panel that was under the old jackknife sofa.

I can say that the floor looks great! I had it professionally installed. The dealer only wanted $400 to install it; I wouldn't do that job for $400. They did manage to put a barely visible scratch in the floor at the door. I didn't notice it until I was sitting at the dinette with the door open and got the light just right. The dealer said the manufacturer had told them in the past to "just rub it and it should diminish". I checked the Mannington FAQ and they suggested rubbing it with solvents, starting with alcohol and getting progressively more aggressive if that didn't work. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'm not too concerned about it (now) because I think they slid a dinette bench on the floor with a nail or screw sticking out. If I had caught it in the beginning I might have been tougher with them but I'm not going to go through tearing up a bunch of flooring to replace some planks that you wouldn't notice unless you knew it was there.

They also laid it on top of the old Traffic Master Allure 2x3 slate look vinyl tile floor. I wasn't there when they were doing it or I would have had them pull the old floor out, mainly because I'm concerned about clearance for the slide movement scratching the floor. I'll check that very closely when I get the trailer home.

I'll post some pictures when I get the loveseat in.

Al
Old 08-13-2019, 02:03 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Mannington Adura Rigid LVF - Anyone?

Sounds very reasonable for $400...probably why they didn’t take the old flooring up. I assume you’ve had the same sweltering heat this summer, so that will be a good test of how it holds up to the heat at least.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:42 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
I don't think removing the old floor was a cost issue. I think they just didn't think it was necessary. I pulled out the flooring in the bedroom. It was floating. I just grabbed one edge and pulled and out it came.

I'm going to talk to them and tell them that if I run the slide in and out and it damages the flooring I expect them to fix it. I may offer to split the cost with them if they do it now and replace the scratched planks. It shouldn't be that hard since all the cutting is done.

Al
Old 11-17-2019, 10:39 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Update:
On interrogation the installers said they did take up the old flooring. I have not been able to confirm that, but the slide goes in and out with no problems.

Regarding the temperature stability we have now been on the road for a month. Somoe roads have been pretty rough. Temperatures have ranged from 90+ in Florida to 12 in NC with no perceptible impact. The floor when cold still looks tight with no expansion of the seams. I am very happy with the Mannington Adura Rigid vinyl plank floor.

Al
Old 12-17-2023, 07:07 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Haubstadt , Indiana
Still happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Missy View Post
Update:
On interrogation the installers said they did take up the old flooring. I have not been able to confirm that, but the slide goes in and out with no problems.

Regarding the temperature stability we have now been on the road for a month. Somoe roads have been pretty rough. Temperatures have ranged from 90+ in Florida to 12 in NC with no perceptible impact. The floor when cold still looks tight with no expansion of the seams. I am very happy with the Mannington Adura Rigid vinyl plank floor.

Al
Good day,
There might be an updated thread on this, but thought I would ask here anyway. Are you still happy with the Adura Rigid? We want to add that to our trailer on top of the factory flooring. As another layer of difficulty, I am considering a herringbone pattern. Comments please.
Thank you,
Ron
Ron Glow is offline   Reply With Quote