Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Floor Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-19-2004, 06:30 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
Talking Linoleum Tile On Sale

I've been shopping a bit for tile and this seemed like a good deal...Ifloors.com is having a sale on Marmoleum 13x13 tile through July 23. The deal is that you have to buy it in slightly larger 45 tile packages (click linoleum, then Forbo, then contractors plus). At 1.86 sf, that's a really, really good deal.

But the place they'll slam you is on shipping. I ordered 2 cases plus a gallon of adhesive and it was going to cost something like $95 for shipping. I called them up and whined and they lowered that to $65. Now I'm still a happy camper, since best price I could find around here was 5.50 sf! This actually made the price only $50 more than the very cheap plastic stuff I was considering at Home Depot!

Mary
fireflyinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:24 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Thanks for the tip Mary. That is a great price! I'm always looking for a good deal like that. I once bought a set of discounted router bits because I couldn't pass on a bargain. Problem is I don't own a router. But I digress...

bbb
biggerbadbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:40 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
BTW--shipping may be lower to other parts of the US--I'm in Virginia, the stuff ships from Oregon. Still, it's probably worth calling--they obviously have some leeway.

Mary
Old 07-19-2004, 08:13 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Marmoleum

Marmoleum is made in Europe. So it was shipped to Oregon from probably an eastern port and now back to Virginia. That's one reason it is so expensive. That and small quantities. Commercially we figure less than $3 per square foot for estimating purposes but we are figuring large quantities.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:12 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
Yes, it's made in the UK--but just did the math and it still works out pretty good--$2.46/square foot, inclusive of shipping (which also included a can of adhesive). If you live on the West Coast, it should be better.

Hmmm, I wonder if I will be able to use the leftover scraps for crafts...like Linoleum block prints!!!

Mary
Old 07-21-2004, 06:57 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Nampa , Idaho
Tile Sale- Ifloors.com

I have bought from ifloors.com before and are very happy with them and their products.

If you live near one of their drop ship locations you can avoid ANY shipping costs by picking it up at the trucking terminal.

All in all good products, good prices, good company
Trailer Girl
Trailer Girl is offline   Reply With Quote