Old 11-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1968 26' Overlander
sopela , bizkaia
laminated flooring

I am close to finish the restoration of my 68 Overlander, and I would like to know if the laminated floor can be used (Quick Step) , or I must put vinyl floor (Amstorng),,,,,,,,I preffer laminated , if this kind of floor will fit or not, or can be desasjusted due the flexibility of the trailer....

Does anybody put laminated floor and have no problems?
Any suggestion?

luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I used it and I don't have any problems. I used flooring with the insulation backing. Just make sure you don't have leaks and put a matt at the front door. My new trailer I wil use interlocking hardwood.

Brian & Adrienne
Lothlorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Northwestern Ontario , - on the backside of the map and just above the big green spot
We've just completed our 2nd full season after installation - still looks like the day it was installed. Despite warnings about moisture and resulting swelling/shrinkage we have not seen evidence of any issues at all - I did make sure to follow the instruction for clearance - but the trailer also small - it's a 19' Bambi - so that may be a factor. It also wears well - our dogs nails have had no impact at all.

We chose a product by Dupont, a smart Sandstone type of look, that had a foam backing already installed onto it. The tiles were a little large - 12 inches X 24 inches - so cutting a couple of them was a little finicky - I did waste one (cut it twice and it was still too short). The biggest part of the job was that the trim was time consuming - a number of awkward pieces - but that might be just a characteristic of the Bambi.

Seems to be great stuff - very affordable - easy clean - doesn't show the dirt - in fact it looks great all the time (beats the carpet we replaced hands down) .... and, now that it's been done once - and the trim is all cut - it will be easy to replace .....

Bambi - 2002 (The Toaster)
Pathfinder - 2009 (The Buggy)

"I'm not young enough to know everything ....."
(Oscar Wilde)
RangerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
We put QuickStep in 4 years ago and so far, so good. Easy to keep clean. Will say that it is cold to the touch on a chilly morning....

n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member
1968 26' Overlander
sopela , bizkaia
thanks for the information, I will finish soon the restoration of my beauty and in the end of december will be on the road!!!
luver is offline   Reply With Quote